One thing that I've noticed about Wikipedia is the prevalence of small, niche humanities-related article that are just riddled with opinions and borderline libel. While there are plenty of errors in the science and articles, those usually undergo fierce edit-warring and are usually the result of one or two peoples' master plans to introduce misinformation in order to score some obscure political point. In those articles made up of cultural tidbits, however, a lot of them seem to have the skeleton of a real event but are filled with the authors' personal biases, fantasies, and delusions.

An example that I found is Tall Poppy Syndrome, about some kind of Australian media phenomenon. The revision as of 5 years ago was:

The Tall Poppy Syndrome (short TPS) is a bad behavior. Someone has TPS, when he is envious on someone who is placed on a higher social, political etc. position than himself. The TPS also makes the envious person slander about the better positioned person.

Awful, right? It has only improved slightly since then despite hundreds of edits. Now, in addition to a vague and poorly-written description, it now has an "Explanation" that reads like a running list of random ANZACS that Wikipedians apparently dislike.

Those whose approach to success is seen as suitably humble can escape. Examples of people who have achieved success and wealth without attracting such hostility include Australians Don Bradman and Dick Smith[dubious – discuss] and New Zealander Stephen Tindall.[citation needed]

Tall poppy syndrome is frequently invoked[who?] as an explanation when a public figure is on the receiving end of negative publicity — even if such publicity can be seen as a result of that person's own misconduct.[citation needed] In Australia, this claim has been made in the case involving Lleyton Hewitt.

Now, I'm not Australian so I don't really grasp these references. That's why the article should have sources and be written clearly enough so that I can understand why these real people have to mentioned in an article about spite and malice.

In the article Dumbing down, you have this sloppy paragraph:

In the UK, there is now an annual moral panic every August when GCSE and A-level results are released.[citation needed] The pass rate by students has consistently risen for past two decades and Grade inflation is attributed[by whom?] to rising pass rates.[citation needed] Comparisons between examination questions are often produced as evidence of dumbing down[by whom?] (in mathematics as syllabus has been continuously cut during the past year. For example, an algebraic equation would be compared to a recent question about a "real life" problem).[citation needed]

This section is also ridden with all kinds of unsourced tags and it looks like it's been in this situation for a long time.