Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trademarkia Adds Value to Wikipedia (PRWeb)
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
Newsfeed
Trademarkia Adds Value to Wikipedia
PR Web (press release)

Trademarkia (www.trademarkia.com), the largest search engine for trademarks, today announces new services to help users improve Wikipedia.

View the article
Somey
One highly regarded Wikipedia administrator "SlimVirgin" who has made more than 80,000 edits on Wikipedia says that, "We seem increasingly to be dealing with people who are self-promoting, and it would be good if we had a page that prohibited it without exception. On the other hand, we don't want to exclude people who may be experts in something, so the wording would need to be just right. The writing would also need to be tightened generally."

Does this mean she's going to take back all those "barnstars" she gave to David "Shankbone" Miller and Gary "Mantanmoreland" Weiss? Or is that what she means by getting the wording "just right"?
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 10th November 2009, 8:04am) *

One highly regarded Wikipedia administrator "SlimVirgin" who has made more than 80,000 edits on Wikipedia says that, "We seem increasingly to be dealing with people who are self-promoting, and it would be good if we had a page that prohibited it without exception. On the other hand, we don't want to exclude people who may be experts in something, so the wording would need to be just right. The writing would also need to be tightened generally."

Does this mean she's going to take back all those "barnstars" she gave to David "Shankbone" Miller and Gary "Mantanmoreland" Weiss? Or is that what she means by getting the wording "just right"?

I think she means that although people who are bad at self-promotion should be excluded, experts in self-promotion should be encouraged. unsure.gif

Anyhow, Weiss was not self-promoting, he was bringing about the downfall of the world's banking system and therefore did not have a COI and should be encouraged, and Shankbone was donating all that "taint" for the good of society, not self-promotion. See Somey, you've just got it all wrong. angry.gif
Jon Awbrey

In a related story, I have just read someywhere the scurryloose j'accusation that SlimVirgin is laughing her ass off so badly at all of us that her ass has literally become disconnected from her body.

Lemme Check …

SlimVirgin … SlimVirgin's Ass
ImageImage
Nope, they're connected.

Ja Ja boing.gif

thekohser
From the press release:

In a new forum started last week by Wikipedia's elite editors, a Wikipedia editor writes been that a Trademarkia executive has been adding links...

I'm sure Happy Drinker will be along shortly with a university professor who uses "writes been that" properly in several sentences, but I still contend that if a company cannot get a press release to be grammatically and typographically readable, we shouldn't place too much stock in anything it has to say about "SlimVirgin".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.