Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia "executives" and the Vatican
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
thekohser
Anybody know which of the "executives from Wikipedia" will be briefing the Vatican, as mentioned here:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/sci_t...on_Web_27173050

I tried to post this question on WikiEN-l, but I found that I'm not subscribed to the list, so they won't accept the post over the transom, and Foundation-l is just basically locked down.

Greg
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 12th November 2009, 2:32pm) *

Anybody know which of the "executives from Wikipedia" will be briefing the Vatican, as mentioned here:

I tried to post this question on WikiEN-l, but I found that I'm not subscribed to the list, so they won't accept the post over the transom, and Foundation-l is just basically locked down.

Greg

The only people that could be fairly called "executives" would be Gardner and Moeller. Please, let it be Moeller.
the fieryangel
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Thu 12th November 2009, 9:21pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 12th November 2009, 2:32pm) *

Greg

The only people that could be fairly called "executives" would be Gardner and Moeller. Please, let it be Moeller.

Yup, I can hardly wait for Erik Moeller and Pope Benedict to discuss children's sexuality on Wikipedia.

Maybe they can send Shankbone to get the photos?
thekohser
Looks like another botched media story about Wikipedia/the Internet.

This symposium is sponsored by the Plenary Assembly of the European Episcopal Commission for Media (CEEM). They're just using the Old Synod Hall at the Vatican to hold the 4-day session on the subject "Culture of the Internet and communication of the Church".

<yawn>
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 12th November 2009, 9:26pm) *

This symposium is sponsored by the Plenary Assembly of the European Episcopal Commission for Media (CEEM). They're just using the Old Synod Hall at the Vatican to hold the 4-day session on the subject "Culture of the Internet and communication of the Church".

<yawn>

No Pope then? Maybe at least Essjay will stop by.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Thu 12th November 2009, 9:29pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 12th November 2009, 9:26pm) *

<yawn>

Wait, I thought Essjay was the Pope — I'm sure I read that on his Wikipapal Usurer Page one time.

Jon tongue.gif
carbuncle
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 12th November 2009, 7:32pm) *

Greg

We finally have our answer - it was French Wikimedia Treasurer Delphine Ménard. It's a good thing I keep up with Catholic doctrinal websites, or we might never have known!
RDH(Ghost In The Machine)
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Fri 13th November 2009, 2:29am) *

Meh...they should send some of the Jimbo Youth admins.
It would be a great way to get rid of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.