Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wales meets Washington Post
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
thekohser
Raju Narisetti of the Washington Post's "On Leadership" department video-interviews Jimmy Wales.

What the heck is going on inside Jimbo's mouth at the 0:39-0:40 spot?

I wish that Wikipedia Review were a permitted photo site, but since it's not, there is this link for posterity.

Key quotes:
  • I'm not always comfortable being called 'a leader'.
  • What I do is try to lead by example.
  • ...directly managing real-time critical things... gee, that's really not where I should be in this organization...
Jon Awbrey

Head on Post

No Higher Hue of Resolution Available
thekohser
Favorite comment so far, by "sheepishly":

Wikipedia is amazing because its very concept prevents misuse by those with an agenda. It's easy to joke about how anyone can mess up a page, but in reality Wikipedia has been shown to have a better factual track record than most print encyclopedias. Anyone can edit, so the law of averages ensures that over time the most egregious errors are corrected out. So if the conservatives are claiming that the most democratic, open encyclopedia ever built is liberally biased, does that mean humanity is liberally biased? Apparently so, which proves the American Right are the ones trying to "indoctrinate", propagandize and influence popular opinion, not the ones who actually reflect it.

Sounds just like a Image
A Horse With No Name
Wikipedia is amazing because its very concept prevents misuse by those with an agenda.

Pass the Crisco, please! evilgrin.gif
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 4th December 2009, 7:07pm) *

I wish that Wikipedia Review were a permitted photo site…

Totally cool. Then you can start another thread ridiculing [forum member] in [city], [state] for spending 3.1 minutes reading this thread (time which they'll never get back).

I mean, what could go wrong? dry.gif
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Fri 4th December 2009, 3:18pm) *

I wish that Wikipedia Review were a permitted photo site …

Totally cool. Then you can start another thread ridiculing [forum member] in [city], [state] for spending 3.1 minutes reading this thread (time which they'll never get back).

I think you must have Wikipedia Review confused with MyWikiBoobs — there's not much danger of anyone viewing the former site getting their eyes e-poxied to the screen.

Jon wtf.gif
Somey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 4th December 2009, 1:07pm) *

I wish that Wikipedia Review were a permitted photo site, but since it's not, there is this link for posterity.

It's possible that Jimbo is trying to look like Radiohead's Thom Yorke, so as to improve his credibility with the younger demographic.

I'll see about getting you upload rights one of these days...
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Somey @ Fri 4th December 2009, 2:10pm) *

It's possible that Jimbo is trying to look like Radiohead's Thom Yorke, so as to improve his credibility with the younger demographic.

RMHED
QUOTE(Somey @ Fri 4th December 2009, 9:10pm) *

Is this your roundabout way of calling Jimmy Wales a creep?
CharlotteWebb
PARANOID RANDROID
thekohser
QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Fri 4th December 2009, 3:18pm) *

I wish that Wikipedia Review were a permitted photo site…

Charlotte, I haven't meant to "ridicule" any of the Wikipedia Review visitors in the first "another thread". I do intend to ridicule the subject of that second "this thread", though -- so you've got me on that one.

laugh.gif
RDH(Ghost In The Machine)
QUOTE(RMHED @ Fri 4th December 2009, 9:33pm) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Fri 4th December 2009, 9:10pm) *

Is this your roundabout way of calling Jimmy Wales a creep?

He's far more a Kermit than a Thom....even sounds like da frog-

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.