Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swine influenza
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
According to the news...

You'd better check it out while it lasts.

(I can't figure out how they're doing it, superimposing Jimmy Wales' fundraising appeal photo onto the {{Flu}} template, maybe?)
Sarcasticidealist
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 15th December 2009, 7:52am) *
(I can't figure out how they're doing it, superimposing Jimmy Wales' fundraising appeal photo onto the {{Flu}} template, maybe?)
Yep.
thekohser
QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Tue 15th December 2009, 6:58am) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 15th December 2009, 7:52am) *
Yep.

But that was reverted within one minute, yet the vandalism on the article still persists. How it that?
Sarcasticidealist
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 15th December 2009, 8:00am) *
But that was reverted within one minute, yet the vandalism on the article still persists. How it that?
Well, I'm out of my element here, but I imagine it something to do with a "cache", or something.

Edit: It could also be specific to your browser. When I clicked on your link before making my first post, I didn't see Jimmy's face.
thekohser
Whatever the reason, it's not improbable that hundreds of people have seen the article this way, so far.

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Tue 15th December 2009, 7:04am) *

Edit: It could also be specific to your browser. When I clicked on your link before making my first post, I didn't see Jimmy's face.

I'm using Firefox and I hit Refresh, and I hit F5. I still get Jimbo staring at me.
Sarcasticidealist
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 15th December 2009, 8:11am) *
I'm using Firefox and I hit Refresh, and I hit F5. I still get Jimbo staring at me.
Try Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Clear now
cyofee
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 15th December 2009, 1:11pm) *

Whatever the reason, it's not improbable that hundreds of people have seen the article this way, so far.

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Tue 15th December 2009, 7:04am) *

Try using Opera, it has a refresh button that actually works.
thekohser
Whatever... Jimbo's gone now on my browser. It was amusing while it lasted. And, I do like Firefox, and I've had problems with financial websites and web forms when using Opera.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.