Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May I have the envelope, please...
> Wikimedia Discussion > Bureaucracy
Herschelkrustofsky

Tonight's the night!

Another year has gone by, and it's time to honor those Wikipedia admins and peons who made 2009 a year to remember.

But first a note from the Program and Catering Committee: in this moment of almost certainly temporary, slightly embarrassing but no-big-whoop economic depression recession, we have been inconvenienced by budget cuts, and consequently have found it necessary to re-use some of last year's images. As luck would have it, many of the same people won this time around. The buzz-word for 2010 is "sustainable" -- we are making the WP:DICK of Distinction Awards Pageant a "sustainable" event. Also, in deference to SlimVirgin, we would like it to be known that no animals were harmed in the course of making this year's WP:DICK of Distinction Awards Pageant. Staff and moderators of the Wikipedia Review are not eligible to compete in the WP:DICK of Distinction Awards Pageant, like they're not all banned from Wikipedia anyway.

So... let's get started, shall we? We'll proceed straight to the main event, the WP:DICK of Distinction, for the most appallingly corrupt performance as an Admin. And the winner, for an unprecedented two years running, is...
David Gerard!

David epitomizes the style, the glamor, the elegance, the class, the je ne sais quoi that marks a true winner in the WP:DICK competition, and to David goes the Jimbo® for the second year in a row.

The honors for Runner-Up DICK go to a contestant who has been an important player on the WP circuit for some years, the ever-popular William Connolley.

But wait, there's more...

In the competition for Miss Incongeniality, for the most colorful and persistent violations of WP:CIVIL, the winner is...

David Gerard!

... with Honorable mentions going to William Connelley and to Chillum (T-C-L-K-R-D) aka H (T-C-L-K-R-D) aka HighInBC (T-C-L-K-R-D) aka Until(1==2) (T-C-L-K-R-D) , who both gave Dave a run for his money.

Now, in the Tag-Team event: this year, this event was swept by two veteran competitors who came out of retirement to take the honors: SlimVirgin and Will Beback!

The Straight Shooter award, for honest admins, goes to Alison, who also won this category in the 2008 competition.

And finally, the Cojones de latón, for non-admins who have displayed wit and valor in combat with the Cabal, goes, for the second year in a row, to Cla68.

Congratulations all around, and we’ll see you next year on the red carpet!
RDH(Ghost In The Machine)
With the ACKademy's kind permission, I'd also like to present my own Cyde Wey's Memorial Golden Assy to Wild Bill, the climate doc and to Chillium, the Obersturmfuhrer cleverly disguised as a hippie pothead.

In the other corner, I hereby present the Demented Diogenes award to Kirill Lokshin and our own Thekohser!
thekohser
QUOTE(RDH(Ghost In The Machine) @ Mon 25th January 2010, 1:11pm) *

With the ACKademy's kind permission, I'd also like to present my own Cyde Wey's Memorial Golden Assy to Wild Bill, the climate doc and to Chillium, the Obersturmfuhrer cleverly disguised as a hippie pothead.

In the other corner, I hereby present the Demented Diogenes award to Kirill Lokshin and our own Thekohser!

I feel like I just lost the championship hoops game of the NIT's.
RDH(Ghost In The Machine)
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 25th January 2010, 6:49pm) *

QUOTE(RDH(Ghost In The Machine) @ Mon 25th January 2010, 1:11pm) *

I feel like I just lost the championship hoops game of the NIT's.

Awww, trust me, the Demented Diogenes is an honor and will look good on your "I love me" wall besides!
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.