Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Rape and revenge films"
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
EricBarbour
It's existed since 2007. And since then, it's gotten steadily more screwed.

A "stub" with seven semi-useless refs, and still full of (citation needed).
Not to mention obviously original statements. Oh, the quality. unhappy.gif
thekohser
This may be of interest to "Inclusionists".

It's still a crummy Wikipedia article, though.
EricBarbour
Unitanode is reading this forum...... laugh.gif evilgrin.gif
One
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Mon 25th January 2010, 7:49pm) *

Yeah, he's a member here.

This is a real topic though. Film people describe such a genre. Or at least, I've heard of it before. There are apparently a number of papers about it in google scholar. "Not-notable" is a losing argument here.

BLP advances aside, being crappy is still not considered a good enough reason to delete. Maybe it should be, but it's not yet.
SDJ
QUOTE(One @ Mon 25th January 2010, 3:20pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Mon 25th January 2010, 7:49pm) *

Yeah, he's a member here.

This is a real topic though. Film people describe such a genre. Or at least, I've heard of it before. There are apparently a number of papers about it in google scholar. "Not-notable" is a losing argument here.

BLP advances aside, being crappy is still not considered a good enough reason to delete. Maybe it should be, but it's not yet.

I read each source that is cited there. If my memory serves, only one had more than a passing mention of the PHRASE "rape and revenge" in it. Could there be more out there? Sure. But from what I saw in the sources, plus how terrible the article is, I chose to nominate it for deletion. It's probably going to survive, but it was worth a whack.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.