Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanna see a questionable disambig page?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
EricBarbour
Have a look at Magistral. It was originally a Latin term, but is more often used in Russia today.

Dates from 2006, been a DAB for three years. And at present, it has one blue link and FIVE red links. Only three of those red links might be current. And two of those would be absurdly easy to flesh out.

I'll go down the list, in case you didn't catch the hint:

The 1983 Russian film by that name has an IMDB page.

The article for the band Sunn O))) fails to mention this "Magistral" side-project, even though a CD was apparently released. So it represents a "twofer" - an incomplete article and a missing article! (Make that a "threefer".... the Z'ev article doesn't mention it either! Hey, I just found an awful BLP that needs to be posted separately....)

The Canadian biotech company is now part of Immunotec, having apparently ceased to exist as a separate entity. (Although they still market a saw-palmetto extract that supposedly cures prostate trouble under that name..... how appropriate laugh.gif )

And the link to the website for the "Chilean power-metal band" now goes to a placeholder.
thekohser
You forgot the Magistral typeface.

I'm sure there are at least a half-dozen other instances of "Magistral" in the world. Let's make it a WR project to add them to this disambig page.

Magistral, Mexico!

Magistral Development!

Magistral (substance used in the patio process)!

C'mon, folks -- sum that human knowledge!
Milton Roe
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Mon 25th January 2010, 11:57pm) *

Have a look at Magistral. It was originally a Latin term, but is more often used in Russia today.

Dates from 2006, been a DAB for three years. And at present, it has one blue link and FIVE red links. Only three of those red links might be current. And two of those would be absurdly easy to flesh out.

I'll go down the list, in case you didn't catch the hint:

The 1983 Russian film by that name has an IMDB page.

The article for the band Sunn O))) fails to mention this "Magistral" side-project, even though a CD was apparently released. So it represents a "twofer" - an incomplete article and a missing article! (Make that a "threefer".... the Z'ev article doesn't mention it either! Hey, I just found an awful BLP that needs to be posted separately....)

The Canadian biotech company is now part of Immunotec, having apparently ceased to exist as a separate entity. (Although they still market a saw-palmetto extract that supposedly cures prostate trouble under that name..... how appropriate laugh.gif )

And the link to the website for the "Chilean power-metal band" now goes to a placeholder.

I fail to see why a dab page with mostly redlinks is a problem. Redlinks are the buds from which the plant that is WP grows. The only problem with them is their fricking annoying color, which makes them look like wounds that need to be dealt with NOW, and for that reason can't be allowed to just exist, until they grow (which is the policy, but too often not the practice). The problem is that red is the color of blood, which means emergency and danger . They could have picked a better color for open links, like green.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 26th January 2010, 2:37pm) *

I fail to see why a dab page with mostly redlinks is a problem. Redlinks are the buds from which the plant that is WP grows. The only problem with them is their fricking annoying color, which makes they look like wounds that need to be dealt with NOW, can can't be allowed to just exist until they grow.

That's what scabs are for. fool.gif

Jon yecch.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Tue 26th January 2010, 12:40pm) *

I fail to see why a dab page with mostly redlinks is a problem. Redlinks are the buds from which the plant that is WP grows. The only problem with them is their fricking annoying color, which makes they look like wounds that need to be dealt with NOW, can can't be allowed to just exist until they grow.

Jon yecch.gif

Yes, if you see them as wounds, due to the color. And due to the color, there are a lot of redlink killers who think of themselves as scabs or bandaids. They go around "doctoring" redlinks by removing the link brackets from them, making the whole thing prettier and and more "well looking". Idiots.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 26th January 2010, 2:49pm) *

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Tue 26th January 2010, 12:40pm) *

Jon yecch.gif

Yes, if you see them as wounds, due to the color. And due to the color, there are a lot of redlink killers who think of themselves as scabs or bandaids. They go around "doctoring" redlinks by removing the link brackets from them, making the whole thing prettier and and more "well looking". Idiots.

I'm in stitches …

Jon laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.