Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another subject treated badly by Wikipedia
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles > Biographies of Living Persons
Doc glasgow
Jaime Martínez Tolentino now on afd is another unreferenced biography wikipedia doesn't need.

The subject didn't create it, but rather innocently began helping out with some corrections. Only to be slapped and slapped again by officious wikipedians.

He wansn't self-promoting as far as I can see, but took offence when they slapped a big COI template on the article, effectively accusing him of self-promotion and bias. He blanked it and was reverted..

Needless to say his tormentors are now voting to keep. mad.gif

Cedric
Moderator note: Moved from Articles to BLP subforum.
EricBarbour
And this brings up a fine example of WP Fever: Ukexpat (T-C-L-K-R-D) .

He hasn't attracted much attention in the past, because he doesn't hang out on AN/I
or pursue weird POV pushes. Instead, he spends a good deal of his time on WP either
fighting vandals, making himself "helpful" on the help desk, or with his nose buried
in the nearest admin's ass---because he really, really dreams of becoming one of the
Anointed Ones.

One wonders: why does this 49-year-old attorney have so much time available to
make 50,000 edits to WP since 2005?
If he's in the USA, then most of his edits were made in the middle of the workday.

Like NYB, how can he possibly make a living in the real world? Does his employer or
clients know he's doing this...on their dime? And has his marriage fallen apart yet?
Hipocrite
Is there a Wikipedia Review barnstar for being the BLP hero in a thread before it's mentioned here?
Milton Roe
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 4th February 2010, 12:54pm) *

Like NYB, how can he possibly make a living in the real world? Does his employer or
clients know he's doing this...on their dime? And has his marriage fallen apart yet?

Maybe his marriage already fell apart. Wikipedia doesn't replace a wife, but then neither do bars, hookers, and online-chat rooms. Oh, sure, they take your time and money-- but how are you going to get nagging and sarcasm from them? wink.gif
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Hipocrite @ Thu 4th February 2010, 11:59am) *
Is there a Wikipedia Review barnstar for being the BLP hero in a thread before it's mentioned here?

a) you wanna be a "hero"? Tell Ukexpat to stop being such a drudge, and to get a life.
b) Drop your trousers and I'll give you a barnstar. tongue.gif
Hipocrite
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 4th February 2010, 8:05pm) *

QUOTE(Hipocrite @ Thu 4th February 2010, 11:59am) *

a) you wanna be a "hero"? Tell Ukexpat to stop being such a drudge, and to get a life.
b) Drop your trousers and I'll give you a barnstar. tongue.gif

a) I'd ban him if I ran the wikipedia.
b) Only if you include a "Fucking Fucker" G-1000 Tube Amp.
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 4th February 2010, 7:54pm) *
One wonders: why does this 49-year-old attorney have so much time available to make 50,000 edits to WP since 2005?

If he's in the USA, then most of his edits were made in the middle of the workday.

If he is an American lawyer ... he is probably billing his clients for them as research.
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Thu 4th February 2010, 6:51pm) *
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 4th February 2010, 7:54pm) *
One wonders: why does this 49-year-old attorney have so much time available to make 50,000 edits to WP since 2005?

If he is an American lawyer ... he is probably billing his clients for them as research.

In which case, it might be our duty as citizens to find out who they are, and inform them that their "trusted legal representative" might be cheating them monetarily.
Or not. I'm not sure they deserve to know. Perhaps he's sticking it to a Fortune 500
corporation, in which case, perhaps we ought to let him screw.

Decisions, decisions. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.