Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jack Greenberg wants out
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles > Biographies of Living Persons
thekohser
It looks like a real battle is heating up on the Article for Deletion contest surrounding noted (?) attorney, Jack Greenberg.

This one is especially interesting because he himself wants out of Wikipedia. Will the Wikipediots comply? It's not looking good for Jack. Of course, the ethical thing to do would be to submit to his wishes.

I wonder if someone who has access to that OTRS ticket could vaguely elaborate on the specific concerns or reasons that Greenberg wishes to have his article removed? There has certainly been an enormous amount of content that phased through the oversight process, that's for sure.

popcorn.gif
Alison
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 10th February 2010, 11:56am) *

It looks like a real battle is heating up on the Article for Deletion contest surrounding noted (?) attorney, Jack Greenberg.

This one is especially interesting because he himself wants out of Wikipedia. Will the Wikipediots comply? It's not looking good for Jack. Of course, the ethical thing to do would be to submit to his wishes.

I wonder if someone who has access to that OTRS ticket could vaguely elaborate on the specific concerns or reasons that Greenberg wishes to have his article removed? There has certainly been an enormous amount of content that phased through the oversight process, that's for sure.

popcorn.gif

We're all sorted, Greg. A bunch of privacy-related issues got fixed by request of the subject. The OTRS ticket, BTW, is mine wink.gif

Regarding the oversights - well, I did that, too. The information there relates to non-public, personal information about members of his family.
tarantino
Of course if you're a noted (?) attorney AND wikipedia administrator, you just have to quietly prod your biography while no one is looking and it will go away.

Too bad the discussion concluded before Wehalt had a chance to add a vote. He would have said something like "If the article is based on reliable sources, then the subject is out there anyway. He's got no cause to complain when he's been found to be notable, he's been the subject of articles. We're the least of his problems."
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(tarantino @ Wed 10th February 2010, 3:58pm) *

Of course if you're a noted (?) attorney AND wikipedia administrator, you just have to quietly prod your biography while no one is looking and it will go away.

Too bad the discussion concluded before Wehalt had a chance to add a vote. He would have said something like "If the article is based on reliable sources, then the subject is out there anyway. He's got no cause to complain when he's been found to be notable, he's been the subject of articles. We're the least of his problems."

No problem, according to another Wikipedian dominated thread in which all problems of Wikipedia are once again solved without going outside the four corners of the World Map of Wkipedia, he only need to ask the reasonable and helpful folks at OTRS (or whatever) to fix it for him.
Sarcasticidealist
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 10th February 2010, 5:21pm) *
I don't really see how you get "only" from that post.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Wed 10th February 2010, 4:33pm) *

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 10th February 2010, 5:21pm) *

I don't really see how you get "only" from that post.

Hmmm, can you spell "sarcasm"?

Jon tongue.gif
EricBarbour
Who is this Epeefleche (T-C-L-K-R-D) freak? Wasn't this the second account of someone whose main account was banned?

Three years ago, he was a real pain. And he's still up to no good.

How does he get away with it? (For that matter, how does Baseball Bugs get away with similar crap?)
tarantino
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 11th February 2010, 2:35am) *

Who is this Epeefleche (T-C-L-K-R-D) freak? Wasn't this the second account of someone whose main account was banned?

Heh, the first edit to his user page, on July 30 2006, was by Judd.
One
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 10th February 2010, 7:56pm) *

noted (?) attorney, Jack Greenberg.

Noted attorney Jack Greenberg. Meets dead trees standards. Good thing some lawyers were there to fix it up.

This episode shows how even noteworthy subjects can have their biographies marred by vicious, damaging statements over long periods of time.
Somey
Moderator's note: Several posts regarding Ms. Alison's suitability for the role of intermediary on behalf of Jack Greenberg, specifically relating to certain content found on encyclopediadramatica.com, were moved to this thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.