Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guy's an admin again.
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > JzG
Abd
Back with the bit

The BN discussion

Same old JzG

MfD edit to which Jeni refers in above warning. Yes. JzG edited comments by another editor. Interesting MfD, by the way, another attempt to ding the Article Rescue Squadron.
Jon Awbrey
There Will Be Blood

It all ends very badly but comically in a bowling alley.

Jon tongue.gif
Ottava
QUOTE(Abd @ Sat 3rd April 2010, 6:56pm) *

"Guy's an admin again"

I thought Jimbo already stated that people shouldn't be under the influence when making decisions with their ops.

happy.gif
Herschelkrustofsky
Some things always seem to float to the top in a place like Wikipedia.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 3rd April 2010, 2:01pm) *

Some things always seem to float to the top in a place like Wikipedia.

Sigh. WP needs JzG as an admin the way a turd needs a bicycle.
Eva Destruction
QUOTE(Abd @ Sat 3rd April 2010, 7:56pm) *

MfD edit to which Jeni refers in above warning. Yes. JzG edited comments by another editor. Interesting MfD, by the way, another attempt to ding the Article Rescue Squadron.

For heaven's sake, Abd; not everything has to be a conspiracy. Are you seriously suggesting that JzG and BrownHairedGirl (T-C-L-K-R-D) —possibly the dullest admin on Wikipedia (and I actually do mean that as a compliment in this case)—are somehow part of an Evil Plot to delete London Buses route 231 and its many unlovely cousins and thus distract the noble knights of the Article Rescue Squadron from their sacred task of ensuring no puff-piece for an unsigned garage band is ever deleted? (This particularly stupid ANI thread is the cause of all this, FWIW, nothing to do with Guy.)
Ottava
QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sat 3rd April 2010, 9:47pm) *

Are you seriously suggesting that JzG and BrownHairedGirl (T-C-L-K-R-D) —possibly the dullest admin on Wikipedia (and I actually do mean that as a compliment in this case)—are somehow part of an Evil Plot to delete London Buses route 231 and its many unlovely cousins and thus distract the noble knights of the Article Rescue Squadron from their sacred task of ensuring no puff-piece for an unsigned garage band is ever deleted? (This particularly stupid ANI thread is the cause of all this, FWIW, nothing to do with Guy.)

If Abd wont, I will. tongue.gif

But seriously, I think it is all started to spite Okip. Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but all of those people involved deserve it so they should all spite each other in a room with locks so they can't escape.
Theanima
QUOTE(Abd @ Sat 3rd April 2010, 7:56pm) *

Back with the bit

The BN discussion

Same old JzG

Yes, he's removing a template warning that's normally handed out to new editors or vandals. Is there some sort of a problem? As for his edit to the MfD, was rather strange but not the end of the world.

As for this whole business regarding Okip, it is rather frustrating to say the least. He seems to be an editor who will vote to keep something at all costs, regardless of whether it's actually something notable enough for Wikipedia. There are also some, like Colonel Warden who seem to take great offense when something is brought to articles for deletion and will vote to speedy keep as much as possible, and will take potshots at the nominator too.

I'm not a deletionist; I look at each article on its merits and go from there, without a prejudiced idea before I arrive. Editors like Okip and Colonel Warden give the "ARS" a (worse) name.
A Horse With No Name
Eh, phooey. Guy is such a bore! dry.gif
dtobias
I personally see nothing wrong with Wikipedia having articles on such things as bus routes, state highways, and the like... these things have subcategories of geeks who get into them obsessively (anything that exists in a numbered series seems to cry out to certain obsessive-compulsives to try to "collect 'em all", whether they're Pokemon cards or comic books), and an article on a bus route rarely defames a living person, takes a POV on a controversial thing linked to the financial crisis, or other things WR participants often get down on other parts of WP for doing. It's not the most enormously useful article in the world (if I were seeking to travel on that bus route, I'd probably prefer to get my information about it from the bus line's official site, not Wikipedia), but if one should happen to want historical trivia about how a line was closed for maintenance for most of 1956, Wikipedia might be the most convenient place to find it.
Guido den Broeder
Wikipedia deserves admins like JzG, so all is well. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.