Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Wanda Sykes "Wikipedia or Fistfight" game
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles > Biographies of Living Persons
Herschelkrustofsky
This is a minor pop culture reference, but signifies yet another nail in Wikipedia's coffin. Wanda has started a new feature on her Saturday night talkfest, where her guests must choose between responding to an allegation about them from their respective Wikipedia bios, or alternatively they may describe a fistfight that they have been in. Craig Ferguson got the double whammy by having to respond to an item about fistfights in his Wikipedia bio. At any rate, it represents a bit of pop-culture recognition of the BLP cesspool.
thekohser
I don't see it so much as an awareness of the "cesspool", but rather that Wikipedia is a "joke", worthy of ridicule for a cheap laugh.

It's a very good development, I agree.
Moulton
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 5th April 2010, 11:34am) *
I don't see it so much as an awareness of the "cesspool", but rather that Wikipedia is a "joke", worthy of ridicule for a cheap laugh.

Ahem.

QUOTE(Jimbo Wales on the importance of being a serious project)
You have to ask yourself if you want to be a serious project, or not.--Jimbo Wales 10:07, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.