Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proposal for founder rights removal
> Wikimedia Discussion > Bureaucracy
Ottava
QUOTE(WikiWatch @ Mon 5th April 2010, 11:12pm) *

And it was responded to with a petition to shut down Wikiversity. I am tempted to put up a proposal to ban people who put up proposals in Meta. ;/
Malleus
QUOTE(WikiWatch @ Tue 6th April 2010, 12:12am) *

It will come to nothing, as all of these things do, but I did enjoy this comment of Moulton's: "'The time has come,' the Walrus said, 'to speak of many things: abuse and snits and searing whacks, and clipping Jimbo's wings.'"
Moulton
The part I don't get is why this story hasn't made it to the Geek Press, or even to the W-R Editorials.
Moulton
QUOTE(Malleus @ Mon 5th April 2010, 7:40pm) *
QUOTE(WikiWatch @ Tue 6th April 2010, 12:12am) *
It will come to nothing, as all of these things do, but I did enjoy this comment of Moulton's: "'The time has come,' the Walrus said, 'to speak of many things: abuse and snits and searing whacks, and clipping Jimbo's wings.'"

Alas, Adambro has stricken that comment.
Kelly Martin
QUOTE(Moulton @ Mon 5th April 2010, 6:41pm) *

The part I don't get is why this story hasn't made it to the Geek Press, or even to the W-R Editorials.
Wikiversity is too small to get the attention of the Geek Press itself, and Jimbonanigans are beneath their notice generally unless they involve someone else interesting as well. Look at how much explanation Somey had to put into his WR blog editorial; that way exceeds the attention span of your average geek reporter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.