Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most-watched pages by namespace
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
MZMcBride
Wikipedia:Database reports/Most-watched pages by namespace

Kind of interesting, particularly the User/User talk pages.
Apathetic
Are you sure you're not going to get another beat-down for exposing pages with < 30 watchers ?
Ottava
QUOTE(MZMcBride @ Wed 14th April 2010, 5:55pm) *

Mine is at 186. Kinda odd, seeing as how it should be dead.
thekohser
Little_Barrier_Island is the 2nd most-watched article?

hmmm.gif

That said, I think Wikipedia would be 10x better if this batch of editors could be successfully quarantined on Little Barrier Island, with only one dial-up modem to share between them:

3 User:Jimbo_Wales 2069
4 User:SlimVirgin 663
5 User:Raul654 542
6 User:NawlinWiki 532

8 User:Jayjg 469
9 User:Will_Beback 457
10 User:Durova 443
11 User:William_M._Connolley 441
12 User:DGG 438
Theanima
Some very odd pages there. This is hardly a likely candidate for the second most watched article...
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
Not surprising to 1587 watching a List_of_sex_positions though.

Complete with dodgy "Joy of Sex" drawings and a double penetration. What do they expect it to do ... orgasm? Or are they looking for new inspiration?

There are only 842 active admins.
thekohser
QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Wed 14th April 2010, 2:45pm) *

Not surprising to 1587 watching a List_of_sex_positions though.

Complete with dodgy "Joy of Sex" drawings and a double penetration. What do they expect it to do ... orgasm? Or are they looking for new inspiration?

Access to this page has been denied by web filtering.

Access to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sex_positions for user has been denied for the following reason:
The Websense category "Sex" is filtered.

Thank God.
Sarcasticidealist
QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Wed 14th April 2010, 3:45pm) *
And only a tiny fraction of those are sexually active.

(That may or may not actually be true, but I figure even arbs are entitled to the occasional general cheap shot.)
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Wed 14th April 2010, 12:00pm) *

And others just lie there....
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Ottava @ Wed 14th April 2010, 11:07am) *

QUOTE(MZMcBride @ Wed 14th April 2010, 5:55pm) *

Mine is at 186. Kinda odd, seeing as how it should be dead.

If only you hadn't died with maximum drahmahs. When drama queens go, they always pick a cross on the top of a hill. Mostly naked is good. With blood and thorns and a caption. And flanking backup do-wop diers. Darkness in the day, earthquakes, a laser show synched to the backbeat.... Okay, forget the last, if anachronistic. But clearly, you gotta have a maximal show. Somehow, drama-addicts never end up in a dumpster in an alley were nobody was around to see who whacked them. What's romantic about THAT?

So you see, they're half afraid you might still rise again, and cause troubles to the empire.

They'd put a stake though Kohs' old userpage and roll a big rock in front of it, if electronically they could figure out how.
EricBarbour
(That may or may not actually be true, but I figure even arbs are entitled to the occasional general cheap shot.)

Please, feel free to take cheap shots!

There's something deeply insane about an "encyclopedia" in which articles like Little Barrier Island and Richard Evans are watched by thousands of people. Who should be doing something more productive or useful---like putting content into the millions of stubs.....
Theanima
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Wed 14th April 2010, 8:40pm) *

There's something deeply insane about an "encyclopedia" in which articles like Little Barrier Island and Richard Evans are watched by thousands of people. Who should be doing something more productive or useful---like putting content into the millions of stubs.....

This is probably the reason that Little Barrier Island has so many watchers... it was once moved to the Main Page, and so probably carried the people who watch that over with it.
Malleus
QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Wed 14th April 2010, 7:45pm) *

Probably about 742 too many then.
thekohser
QUOTE(Theanima @ Wed 14th April 2010, 3:58pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Wed 14th April 2010, 8:40pm) *

This is probably the reason that Little Barrier Island has so many watchers... it was once moved to the Main Page, and so probably carried the people who watch that over with it.

In other words, imbeciles who can't keep their Watchlists clean.
gomi

Yes, but how many are infectious?
EricBarbour
QUOTE(gomi @ Wed 14th April 2010, 1:15pm) *
Yes, but how many are infectious?

Unless being an obsessive fan of a really bad (yet popular) Japanese cartoon counts as a disease, they're clean as babies......

(Note the 761 references.....)
radek
QUOTE(MZMcBride @ Wed 14th April 2010, 12:55pm) *

I like how some (well, at least 1) people managed to make the top 100 twice.

(with legit accounts actually)
NuclearWarfare
QUOTE(Theanima @ Wed 14th April 2010, 6:14pm) *

Some very odd pages there. This is hardly a likely candidate for the second most watched article...

Some bugs with the page move system do affect this list. At least I think so. This must be what is messing up the third one on the list, but I can't figure out what is screwing up the one you linked to.
GlassBeadGame
Is this thread going somewhere of interest?
Theanima
QUOTE(NuclearWarfare @ Thu 15th April 2010, 12:58am) *

QUOTE(Theanima @ Wed 14th April 2010, 6:14pm) *

Some bugs with the page move system do affect this list. At least I think so. This must be what is messing up the third one on the list, but I can't figure out what is screwing up the one you linked to.

Read up son.
Killiondude
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 14th April 2010, 5:01pm) *

Is this thread going somewhere of interest?

At least this thread is slightly more interesting than this one.
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
QUOTE(Malleus @ Wed 14th April 2010, 8:13pm) *
QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Wed 14th April 2010, 7:45pm) *

Probably about 742 too many then.

... one would have to sort out those that are productively active from those that are merely frenetic; and, individually, that time which was spent in activity from that time which is spent in frenzy mode.

It is a shame that instead of inflating their reputation by measurements of frenzy, e.g. 'bigur numbaz is betta', the Wikipedia Foundation could not make an honest assessment of its loss through such inefficiencies.

My guess is that it would vastly outweigh production and the productive factor (editors who add value) is much smaller and much shorter lasting in commitment.

Yessiree ... Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl comes in just behind Sex Positions alongside South_Park, at 1523, and United_States, at 1584. Yah ... its a free ensiklopedder guys, let's save the world, screw it, kick the shit out of it and then have a beer and watch cartoons!

EricBarbour
QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Thu 15th April 2010, 12:24am) *
Yessiree ... Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl comes in just behind Sex Positions alongside South_Park, at 1523, and United_States, at 1584. Yah ... its a free ensiklopedder guys, let's save the world, screw it, kick the shit out of it and then have a beer and watch cartoons!

That's the spirit! Why write articles about boring crap like history and science, when you can list all of WWE's employees! And add 317 'references", most of which are links to WWE's website!

Don't forget to list all episodes of Naruto! Plus a PhD dissertation on the lead character! yecch.gif
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 15th April 2010, 8:32am) *
That's the spirit! Why write articles about boring crap like history and science, when you can list all of WWE's employees! And add 317 'references", most of which are links to WWE's website!

317 well formed references too. I am envious. I think you have established a new record in degrees of insanity as far as stretching the limits of what is acceptably notable. 317 citations ... it mus' be tru.

It is the Walmart of Encyclopedias ... and it works. Give the people what they want. Let them pile 'em high 'n' sell it cheap. We don' want no stinking history and science. We don' want to know where we came from and how we got here. We wan' comic books stars 'n' action. We wanna be comic character encyclopedians.

Pass me my Mexican wrestling mask, its time to fire up another sock ... El Gordo da Terriblé.
Tower
QUOTE(MZMcBride @ Thu 15th April 2010, 6:55am) *

The interesting aspect to me is that the list gives as good an idea as any as who the punters think is REALLY important regardless of what hats and titles they have. Our young friend Julian Colton must be delighted with his high ranking, for example. He doesn't need to add to his already extensive hat-rack!

And just looking at some other regulars here, Malleus and MZ himself must be pleased to make the list ahead of say a powerful arbcommer like CoolhandLuke... if we take out the purely historical names like say Essjay this gives a good indication as any to who the truly successful Wikipoliticians are.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.