Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Wikipedia joke
> Wikimedia Discussion > The Wikipedia Annex
Gruntled
Once, in the centre of a medium-sized town, a group of local dignitaries assembled for supper in a smart restaurant. A waiter came over to them. "You know, gentlemen, I'm a Wikipedia editor. None of you has an article on Wikipedia yet so I'll write them this evening."

The distinguished gentlemen all smiled politely. "As long as it's not libellous," joked one.

They didn't see the waiter again for about three hours. When he returned, he said "All done on Wikipedia, gentlemen. And, not that it matters, but which of you didn't want his article to be libellous?"
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(Gruntled @ Fri 2nd July 2010, 11:17am) *

Once, in the centre of a medium-sized town, a group of local dignitaries assembled for supper in a smart restaurant. A waiter came over to them. "You know, gentlemen, I'm a Wikipedia editor. None of you has an article on Wikipedia yet so I'll write them this evening."

The distinguished gentlemen all smiled politely. "As long as it's not libellous," joked one.

They didn't see the waiter again for about three hours. When he returned, he said "All done on Wikipedia, gentlemen. And, not that it matters, but which of you didn't want his article to be libellous?"

I think you forgot the punchline. blink.gif
Gruntled
QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Fri 2nd July 2010, 5:02pm) *

Sorry I've been away so long. In case anyone else missed the joke, I should explain that this is based on a very old joke:

Some people go into a restaurant. The waiter asks if they'd like a glass of beer while they decide to order. They agree. "Make sure it's in a clean glass," jokes one. The waiter returns with the beers. "Which gentleman wants the clean glass?" he asks.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Fri 2nd July 2010, 10:02am) *

Take out "not that it matters."
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
How many Wikipedians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Fri 27th August 2010, 10:00am) *

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Fri 2nd July 2010, 10:02am) *

Take out "not that it matters."

Yeah, now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.
Moulton
Descartes goes into a WikiMeetup, and one of the Wikipedians asks him, "Do you want to hear my point of view?"

"I think not," says Descartes, and disappears.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 27th August 2010, 9:25am) *

Descartes goes into a WikiMeetup, and one of the Wikipedians asks him, "Do you want to hear my point of view?"

"I think not," says Descartes, and disappears.

Not bad at all.
Somey
We had a thread with some WP lightbulb jokes back in 2007 - starts here, and a few posts down there's my own all-original Wikipedia joke. One of these days I'll have to try to come up with another one...
Anonymous editor
the one I keep seeing is the one about surgeons and how the patient dies because they took a Wikipedia approach.
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Fri 27th August 2010, 3:01pm) *

Yeah, now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.

Very good.
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(Somey @ Fri 27th August 2010, 6:03pm) *

We had a thread with some WP lightbulb jokes back in 2007 - starts here, and a few posts down there's my own all-original Wikipedia joke. One of these days I'll have to try to come up with another one...

Everyking?

B-boom smile.gif
thekohser
Guy #1: Have you heard there's a new encyclopedia that anyone can edit?

Guy #2: I sure have! It's Wikipedia, and I'm an administrator on it! (Lightly punches first guy in the arm, for emphasis.)

Guy #1: Mom! Julian just punched me down here in the basement!
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
Knock Knock!

Who's there?

I am from the Wikpedia!

Fuck off.
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
A Wikipedian who had had run-ins with this particular admin got three wishes from a genie.

Genie: "... but whatever you wish for, the admin will get DOUBLE."
Wikipedian: "I would like one million dollars."
Genie: "OK, but the admin gets two million."
Wikipedian: "I would like two, hot, semi-naked chicks and a boat ... just like that picture of Jimmy Wales."
Genie: "OK but the admin gets four chicks and two boats."
Wikipedian: "Then I would like you to beat me half to death."
EricBarbour
I'll just leave this here.
SB_Johnny
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 28th August 2010, 4:34am) *

I'll just leave this here.

Lame. dry.gif

(oh, sorry... I thought I was looking at recent posts, but I guess I hit the wrong button).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.