Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 0NUTS ⇔ Nothing New Under The Sun
> Wikimedia Discussion > Meta Discussion
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 30th October 2007, 5:20pm) *

Σ  
Ø ν

I once started a WikiProject — salt o' th' earth that it is today — that aimed to explain to the wiki-brain-washed masses the differences in assertion-warranting that exist between mathematics and other disciplines. It was entitled 0NUTS, for Nothing New Under The Sun.

It was deleted by ∑1 named KillerChihuahua, I think, or maybe FeloniousMonk.

Jonny Image

Raisin it back in the sun again, on occasion of a few pieces regenerating spontaneously elsewhere.

J☼N
Jon Awbrey
David Goodman kindly recovered the startup page that I created for this project —

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ August 2006)

Wikipedia:0NUTS

0NUTS is an abbreviation for Nothing New Under The Sun.

This is a meta*project page (a projected project page) dedicated to rationalizing the process by which mathematical research is grounded and sourced, as there are distinctive features that separate mathematical knowledge from other forms of grounded and sourced research. These aspects of mathematical practice are generally acknowledged, if not always well articulated, among practitioners, but almost incomprehensible to other types of researchers and to the public in general. Thus there has arisen the need for a project to bring the true grounds and real sources of mathematics out of Plato's Cave and to the light of present day understanding.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.