Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wikipedia recentism
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
wikieyeay
Just reading a BBC article, referencing Jenny Agutter in The Railway Children (1970). Ah yes, I thought, recalling her also in Walkabout (1971).

So I look up her on Wikipedia.

'Jennifer Ann Agutter (born 20 December 1952) is an English actress whose notable roles include Tessa Phillips in the British TV drama series Spooks.'

Say what? (Apparently, and her character in that series has her own wiki page, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessa_Phillips, she appeared from series 1 e 1 to series 2 e9.) Amusingly the Tessa Phillips wiki page has more plot detail than the entire Railway Children article, despite the latter being a proven enduring piece of children's literature, now over a century old, as against a recent TV series.

Anybody else got some good wiki distortions of history?
A Horse With No Name
What a terrible article! Jenny Agutter had a great career for a while, and then it sort of fell apart. She really deserves better than the current muck. Maybe someone can either (1) write something original and appropriate or (2) get Steve Smith to plagiarize an existing biography?

And can't they find a decent photo of her? hrmph.gif
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Mon 2nd August 2010, 12:17am) *

What a terrible article! Jenny Agutter had a great career for a while, and then it sort of fell apart. She really deserves better than the current muck. Maybe someone can either (1) write something original and appropriate or (2) get Steve Smith to plagiarize an existing biography?

And can't they find a decent photo of her? hrmph.gif

I wanted to marry her when I grew up. She was lovely. Still shed a tear or two at the Railway Children.
Casliber
...walkabout...American Werewolf in London.....
wikieyeay
QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Sun 1st August 2010, 11:20pm) *

well that's just pointless fancruft, it's not like they're disregarding the pivotal early part of his career or anything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.