Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo can't afford to buy a newspaper
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion > The Jimbo Phenomenon
thekohser
Jimbo, ever exuding a sense of self-entitlement, asks why someone won't buy him a news organization to run.

I'm sure with Jimbo's brand of "objectivity and reason" that he craves, the masthead would soon read...

The Jimbo Times -- owned by the sole founder of Wikipedia

Cock-up-over-conspiracy
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 10th August 2010, 1:32pm) *
Jimbo, ever exuding a sense of self-entitlement, asks why someone won't buy him a news organization to run.

Now that is funny. I hope he is being self-depreciatory and sardonic.
. Someone should buy me a newspaper to run, because I can hardly tolerate any of the lack of objectivity and reason that's going on these days.

Poor darling ... does he mean going on 'on the Wikipedia' or going on 'in general'?

It is all down to the super powers, you see ... the ability to absorb all 7.5 GBs of the compressed database of of the scum of knowledge merely by touching his hand on the Wikipedia server case.

ulsterman
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 10th August 2010, 2:32pm) *

There are at least two possibilities here.

- One is that he's just been watching Citizen Kane, and noted that Kane, a newspaper proprietor, was able to build himself an incredible mansion. (I know, he didn't make his money from newspapers, but maybe Jimbo missed that.)

- Or he may have realised that anything in a newspaper can be cited as a Reliable Source, for example to decide who is a Scientologist. If he controlled a newspaper, he could have an article proving that Wikinews is more reliable than the New York Times, and cite that in Wikipedia.

GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 10th August 2010, 7:32am) *

I'm sure with Jimbo's brand of "objectivity and reason" that he craves, the masthead would soon read...

Seem an odd way for a Randian Ubberman to obtain a business. I mean they are mostly parasites of one kind or another but they usually talk as if they built it all from the ground up.
DoctorHver
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Tue 10th August 2010, 9:30pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 10th August 2010, 7:32am) *

Seem an odd way for a Randian Ubberman to obtain a business. I mean they are mostly parasites of one kind or another but they usually talk as if they built it all from the ground up.

Sounds like the banking system to me, soon as someone starts pick into those claims everything fails too pieces
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.