Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Defending Steven Slater?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles > Biographies of Living Persons
xinjeisan
Here are some random comments from the deleting the Steven Slater article debate

"Perhaps he is notable for only one event—but I would say it is probably one of the most notable single events of recent months."

"Once off yes, but wasn't the Cuban Missile Crisis a once off event? Didn't Jack Ruby get famous for a once off event?"

"Even if Slater falls back into obscurity, he would have something in common with John Hinckley, Jr"

"A lot of individuals are famous for 1 event ( John Hinkley Jr, Sirhan Sirhan, Samatha Smith (wrote Andropov a letter),"

I'm sure Steven Slater will be thrilled to find his name, actions, and future associated not only with a girl who wrote a letter and then died in an airplane crash coming back a publicity event, but also with various murderers of the mid to late 20th century.
thekohser
I for one love Steven Slater, but I would have been pissed at him had I been stuck on that flight and the slide situation delayed my egress. In fact, had it delayed me too much, I would have also grabbed a beer and taken the "down and out" escape path.

Also, I want to know how those Pacific Rim videographers come up so quickly with reenactments?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.