Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikibrands
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
Seurat
A new book about brands and "teh Interwebs". tongue.gif

http://wiki-brands.com/

Don Tapscott wrote the foreword.

I mostly posted this because I know Greg will have something to say. rolleyes.gif

Also, since I'm starting a new topic, I get to add a random smiley, just so that I can meet my quota.
obliterate.gif
thekohser
I'm sure that far more than me, Jimmy Wales and Sue Gardner will be distraught over this "brand confusion" vehicle driving straight for their wiki empire.

I stopped skimming the foreword when I hit... "Companies are becoming naked – and corporate fitness is no longer optional. The precondition for trust a good brand is integrity."

However, had I kept reading, I'm almost certain that this would have sent me into a fit:

"So just like Wikipedia views it’s consumers as part of it’s network..."

I am quaking in my boots.
Seurat
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 2nd September 2010, 8:47pm) *

I'm sure that far more than me, Jimmy Wales and Sue Gardner will be distraught over this "brand confusion" vehicle driving straight for their wiki empire.

I stopped skimming the foreword when I hit... "Companies are becoming naked – and corporate fitness is no longer optional. The precondition for trust a good brand is integrity."

However, had I kept reading, I'm almost certain that this would have sent me into a fit:

"So just like Wikipedia views it’s consumers as part of it’s network..."

I am quaking in my boots.

It looks like most of the content currently up could use a good editor, but given that they appear to be working with a known publisher, we can probably assume that someone will be going over it before it hits the bookstores.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.