Key nostril moment at 8:04.
Jon Awbrey
¬∀NORweejuns !!!

Jon tongue.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Thu 16th September 2010, 6:52am) *

¬∀NORweejuns !!!

Jon tongue.gif

Jimbo keeps them from thinking about suicide during those days when the sun never shines. Indeed, never rises.

Why this is, I don't really know.
The Adversary
"Norwegians love Jimmy Wales"...Huh?.
Notice that was sent on NRK2 (Audience share 3,9% ..out of about 4,5 mil. people. Yeah. Big. Not.).

3-4 years ago any interview with JW in Norway would have been sent on NRK1 (Audience share 40%)

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 16th September 2010, 7:00pm) *

¬∀NORweejuns !!!

Jon tongue.gif

Jimbo keeps them from thinking about suicide during those days when the sun never shines. Indeed, never rises.

Ahem. Most of Norway is below the Polar Circle (or, as we call it: "the Moral Circle"....for reasons which would interest Horsey evilgrin.gif )
Iow: the sun does rise. Every day. All year. rolleyes.gif
Somey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 16th September 2010, 8:46am) *

And 30 seconds later, the other guy starts lying about "Flagged Revisions," among other things. My guess is the finger-to-the-nose was a signal to start really laying it on.
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(Somey @ Fri 17th September 2010, 8:45am) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 16th September 2010, 8:46am) *

And 30 seconds later, the other guy starts lying about "Flagged Revisions," among other things. My guess is the finger-to-the-nose was a signal to start really laying it on.

Looks to Jimbo for approval as he does so and doesn't get the confirmation he was expecting. It's a good job I just watched the season finale of Lie to Me - it's all so obvious now. I presume the Norwegian Internet expert has fallen for the Wikipedia bluff and is looking nervously at Jimbo who is doing "Oops! It's all lies, need to be careful what I say" body language.
NuclearWarfare
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Fri 17th September 2010, 9:13am) *
Looks to Jimbo for approval as he does so and doesn't get the confirmation he was expecting. It's a good job I just watched the season finale of Lie to Me - it's all so obvious now. I presume the Norwegian Internet expert has fallen for the Wikipedia bluff and is looking nervously at Jimbo who is doing "Oops! It's all lies, need to be careful what I say" body language.

Oh, I stopped watching Lie to Me midway last season; it was just getting too boring. How was the season finale?
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(NuclearWarfare @ Fri 17th September 2010, 3:04pm) *

Oh, I stopped watching Lie to Me midway last season; it was just getting too boring. How was the season finale?

Well, the FBI actor's contract is clearly up for negotiation, but all the main actors have re-signed for the next series it seems. Aside from that, usual standard, the usual plot twist (hinted at so strongly at the begining that it probably is not a twist, bit bloodthirsty, good body count, Kal's attractive co-director fussed around decoratively without a decent part, the sub-plots of the young assistants going nowhere, the father-daughter relationship storyline too obviously bolted on. So no worse than 24, and more educational than a Jimbo video.
NuclearWarfare
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Fri 17th September 2010, 2:25pm) *

QUOTE(NuclearWarfare @ Fri 17th September 2010, 3:04pm) *

Well, the FBI actor's contract is clearly up for negotiation, but all the main actors have re-signed for the next series it seems. Aside from that, usual standard, the usual plot twist (hinted at so strongly at the begining that it probably is not a twist, bit bloodthirsty, good body count, Kal's attractive co-director fussed around decoratively without a decent part, the sub-plots of the young assistants going nowhere, the father-daughter relationship storyline too obviously bolted on. So no worse than 24, and more educational than a Jimbo video.

Just saw it on Hulu. Your summary is quite fair. The episode wasn't that bad, but it certainly could have been a lot better. Not sure if I'll continue to watch Lie to Me, with White Collar, Burn Notice, and Doctor Who, I might be set for the next season.
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(The Adversary @ Fri 17th September 2010, 3:27am) *

Ahem. Most of Norway is below the Polar Circle (or, as we call it: "the Moral Circle"....for reasons which would interest Horsey evilgrin.gif )

Mmmm...tell me more, Big Mama! boing.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(The Adversary @ Fri 17th September 2010, 12:27am) *

"Norwegians love Jimmy Wales"...Huh?.
Notice that was sent on NRK2 (Audience share 3,9% ..out of about 4,5 mil. people. Yeah. Big. Not.).

3-4 years ago any interview with JW in Norway would have been sent on NRK1 (Audience share 40%)

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 16th September 2010, 7:00pm) *

¬∀NORweejuns !!!

Jon tongue.gif

Iow: the sun does rise. Every day. All year. rolleyes.gif

Okay. For what, two hours? You guys still kill yourselves a lot in the Winter. I hope WP helps, but I doubt it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.