Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I give up?
> Wikimedia Discussion > The Wikipedia Annex
Ottava
If anyone is bored, please read this section called "I give up".

I don't really have words to describe it, but I welcome others for suggesting such descriptions. smile.gif

Anyone think it is weird that the guy claims to promote some truth about science but thought that Columbus believed the world was flat when there was no evidence for such?

By the way, if I am brought back I will ensure that I will never write anything like that found in the above link. Plus, I promise that rainbows will appear at night and your daughter gets the pony she keeps whining about.

This ad was paid for by the Free Ottava 2010 Committee. Treasurer: Vanished 6551232.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 8th November 2010, 2:28pm) *

I don't really have words to describe it, but I welcome others for suggesting such descriptions. smile.gif

Tickles my irony center. This is merely Abd, failing to understand how and why WP's rules to keep from having their time wasted by trolling cranks, came into being. And why Wikiversity, which is more tolerant, is suffering these people more.

People like Krunchlolee were here long before you, Abd. And will be here long after you leave.
Abd
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Mon 8th November 2010, 4:43pm) *
QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 8th November 2010, 2:28pm) *

Tickles my irony center. This is merely Abd, failing to understand how and why WP's rules to keep from having their time wasted by trolling cranks, came into being. And why Wikiversity, which is more tolerant, is suffering these people more.

People like Krunchlolee were here long before you, Abd. And will be here long after you leave.
Oh, idiots, I understand quite well. However, I did make a mistake here, and so it's been a valuable experience for me. In real life, I can deal with people who come on like Krunchlolee -- Krunchlol on Wikipedia -- and, quite interestingly, not blocked, in spite of quite extensive disruption causing more damage than anything on Wikiversity.

I can also tell, in real life, if they are genuine or not. There simply is not enough bandwidth on line for the communication to work in either direction. Basically, I took on the task of showing him what utter bullshit his ideas were, but to do that requires listening to them. In real life, if he was sincere, he'd *see* that I was listening, and he'd recognize that I did, in fact, understand what he was saying.

And if he wasn't sincere, it would have come out within a few minutes. Milton, "long before me"? Sure, in the sense that there have always been such people. But, ah, how long have I been here? I was dealing with Mark Ethan Smith in, what, 1986 or so, and if you know who Mark Ethan Smith was, without having stumbled across her/him, you were an early one on the W.E.L.L. Indeed, that was where I first started to experience the severe problem of low bandwidth in on-line communication. It explains a great deal of how and why Wikipedia breaks down. Mark is still telling that story, but it is, as is what is being corrected, a tad "revised."

Fascinating that Ottava brought this here. Who "welcomed" Krunchlolee to Wikiversity, and who *really* welcomed him, but taking it into user space where it would do little or no damage, to give him a chance to explain himself?

He's now provided quite enough data to block him, because he's now filling up the Request for Deletion with garbage, not to mention the personal attacks, but ... Ottava could do it. Instead he uses this as an example to ... what? I have a multifaceted mind, I'm perfectly capable of paranoid thought. Who or what is Kurnchlolee, and what is his real agenda?

Or is he what he seems to be, totally whacked?

And I don't care. Not My Problem.

Milton, your point? What I did wasted nobody's time but my own, and it was probably more useful than quite a few other things I do in a day. To me. To Krunchlolee, useless, because he's utterly impervious, sliding down into misery while believing that he's smarter than everyone else. To Wikiversity, I did no harm, and I might still derive something useful from what I wrote. Krunchlolee fell into a reasonably common misconception about time dilation. Anyone who has a decent grounding in physics would not have that misconception, but ... education is also for the rest.
Abd
QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 8th November 2010, 4:28pm) *

Anyone think it is weird that the guy claims to promote some truth about science but thought that Columbus believed the world was flat when there was no evidence for such?
The guy is completely whacked, or is a total liar. Weird? It's worse than weird. Weird people, I know lots of them, and you can actually communicate with them, and, in fact, they often see stuff that others don't see. Krunchlolee, as far as I can tell, doesn't see anything, but I wasn't certain of this to start. I thought he might just be suffering from isolation and the effects of homelessness. It's worse than that.
By the way, if I am brought back I will ensure that I will never write anything like that found in the above link. Plus, I promise that rainbows will appear at night and your daughter gets the pony she keeps whining about.
Ottava, I would not imagine that you'd be capable of writing stuff like that. You may be nuts in certain ways, but compared to Krunchlolee -- or the image being presented -- you are the soul of sanity and reasonableness.
This ad was paid for by the Free Ottava 2010 Committee. Treasurer: Vanished 6551232.
Request granted. Ottava, you are free. Go and sin no more. Warning: for you, editing Wikipedia would be like an alcoholic walking into a bar. You might get away with it on occasion, but sooner or later....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.