Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is JayJG? From Ontario? Lithco graphics?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
Olivier Besancenot
We have some leads on JayJG here...

http://wikiwatcher.virgil.gr/pmcu/user_vie...user_name=jayjg

He keeps coming in from suburbs of Toronto, Ontario. One is from Lithco Graphics, a small company which has offices in the Toronto environs. This is a strong link - how many people edit web pages from their computers? This really points to who he (or she) is.

(S)He also comes in to Wikipedia from the suburbs of Toronto, particuarly from Richmond Hill which is 7.7% Jewish and has a Hebrew school.

All of the links from above from the Toronto environs look right, the stuff from Europe looks like false hits.
Olivier Besancenot
Another thread

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showt...867&mode=linear

talks about how he originally came in from Gennum, a high-tech firm in Ontario with links to Israel. Those links have been erased from Wikipedia, but not from our memory here.

So everything points to JayJG being from Ontario, living in Toronto for a time (he has a Blue Jay on his page and the sports team there is the Toronto Blue Jays), probably working at Gennum, coming in once from Lithco Graphics (do they have web access? Maybe it's like a Kinko's place).
thekohser
QUOTE(Olivier Besancenot @ Thu 25th November 2010, 6:56am) *

This is a strong link - how many people edit web pages from their computers?

Including personal pages, blogs, Facebook, and Wikipedia, I would guess about 20 million to 40 million per day, in North America, at least. You're really on the scent and narrowing this down!
carbuncle
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 25th November 2010, 12:31pm) *

QUOTE(Olivier Besancenot @ Thu 25th November 2010, 6:56am) *

This is a strong link - how many people edit web pages from their computers?

Including personal pages, blogs, Facebook, and Wikipedia, I would guess about 20 million to 40 million per day, in North America, at least. You're really on the scent and narrowing this down!

Yes, but how many live in a city that is 7.7% Jewish? And has a Hebrew school? You know, where the Jews send their children to learn how to control the world's financial markets?
EricBarbour
I'm sorry to report, Olivier, I've been down this road already. So have many others.

Jay does an absolutely obsessive job of covering up his personal identity, and hasn't slipped yet.
I don't count the IP addresses, because he's openly admitted to being in that part of Toronto.
We can only be sure he's Hasidic Orthodox, probably a Lubavitcher, and does not edit on Jewish sabbaths.

Feel free to kidnap and torture Jimbo, and ask him why he personally installed Jay on the Arbcom in 2005.
tarantino
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 26th November 2010, 2:33am) *

I'm sorry to report, Olivier, I've been down this road already. So have many others.

Jay does an absolutely obsessive job of covering up his personal identity, and hasn't slipped yet.

Actually, there was a thread about this a year ago where you participated.
EricBarbour
QUOTE(tarantino @ Thu 25th November 2010, 7:56pm) *
Actually, there was a thread about this a year ago where you participated.

Heh, forgot all about that discussion.

Ah, 2009. The good old days.
When I still gave a damn about Wikipedia.
When I still thought it was worth saving.....silly me.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 25th November 2010, 7:33pm) *

I don't count the IP addresses, because he's openly admitted to being in that part of Toronto.
We can only be sure he's Hasidic Orthodox, probably a Lubavitcher, and does not edit on Jewish sabbaths.

Feel free to kidnap and torture Jimbo, and ask him why he personally installed Jay on the Arbcom in 2005.

I would have said that perhaps Jayjg was female and got the chance to, erm, work directly under Jimbo in 2005. But it's not that easy. When you look at the meteoric rise of people like Essjay at the same time, you have to conclude that there's absolutely no rhyme or reason to who Jimmy decides are worthy of the Keys to the Kingdom. I think maybe he tosses a 20-sided die and throws yarrow stalks.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 25th November 2010, 7:33pm) *

And wound up in power at first as a nearly classic case of (how do I put this delicately?) Jews helping Jews on WP. Showed up as a newbie on WP in June 2004, feverishly editing topics Judaic, and immediately got into a pissing contest, as a new dog, with jdfwolff, who had issues with his editing of Ultra-Orthodox Judaism (is the very term an insult?). After they'd fought the fight of who is more Jewish than thou, it being a draw, they sniffed rears and made up. Two months later, jdfwolff nominated Jayjg for admin, and a month later (3 months after first showing up on WP) Jayjg was an admin. That fast.

Not much later, Jayjg voted Ken! כן in SlimVirgin's RfA and earned gushing thanks. Guess what kinds of articles THEY'D been working on. And thus cameth the Cabal of old. A story we've told here many times. Not too many Palestinians taken along, on that one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.