Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barts1a...
> Wikimedia Discussion > The Wikipedia Annex
Truckspond
wtf.gif Seriously... what the fuck is this guy on? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Barts1a
melloden
QUOTE(Truckspond @ Sat 18th December 2010, 11:37pm) *

wtf.gif Seriously... what the fuck is this guy on? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Barts1a

BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK

He's one of the stupidest users I've seen.
carbuncle
I suggest this get moved to the WP Annex...
Herschelkrustofsky
Truckspond, would you be so kind as to clarify your intentions in posting this thread?
Theanima
Ryulong is normally a major PITA but Barts1a makes him look almost reasonable.
Truckspond
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sun 19th December 2010, 12:34am) *

Truckspond, would you be so kind as to clarify your intentions in posting this thread?

I was just surprised that nobody had mentioned this wikidrama and decided to bring it up myself.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(Truckspond @ Sat 18th December 2010, 5:24pm) *

I was just surprised that nobody had mentioned this wikidrama and decided to bring it up myself.

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sat 18th December 2010, 4:31pm) *

I suggest this get moved to the WP Annex...

Done.
Somey
QUOTE(Truckspond @ Sat 18th December 2010, 7:24pm) *

We used to see this all the time - kids mostly, desperately wanting to be admins without actually taking the time and doing the necessary ass-kissing or whatever you have to do these days to become a WP admin. It was so common, most of us stopped remarking on individual instances - most of the people involved are emotionaly stunted in some way, or have strong anti-social tendencies that are eventually hammered out of most people once they've had a few real-life experiences.

This one does seem pretty bad, though, I'll give you that!
Kelly Martin
Most of us here don't really care so much about garden-variety wikidrama. It's not like it's hard to find; Wikipedia generates it continuously. Unless there's more to it than just another editor gone off the deep end, don't bother us with it. If you want raw WikipediaLulz, I suggest that you might find ED more your style. Or Wikipedia itself.
Cla68
QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Sun 19th December 2010, 6:57am) *

Most of us here don't really care so much about garden-variety wikidrama. It's not like it's hard to find; Wikipedia generates it continuously. Unless there's more to it than just another editor gone off the deep end, don't bother us with it. If you want raw WikipediaLulz, I suggest that you might find ED more your style. Or Wikipedia itself.

I personally find discussion on blatent POV-pushers more compelling because it usually comically illustrates how inept WP's administration is at enforcing its NPOV policy. Also, it's kind of fascinating to observe the audacity of activists abusing social media to promote some cause. Watching teenagers trying to mimic Snowspinner's classic example of wiki-political maneuvering isn't as interesting.
EricBarbour
Sorry Truck, Barts1a shows all the typical symptoms of a teenage boy trying to use Huggle to grind his way to an RFA quickly.

So far he's doing a horrible job--no content generation, too much arguing with people.
victim of censorship
QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 18th December 2010, 10:51pm) *

I was just most of the people involved are emotionaly stunted in some way, or have strong anti-social tendencies

When your typical wikipediot lowlife engages in 20 hour editing seasons, then I would say they are "Emotionally Stunted" ( Like the term ). Any rate you all know what think of Wikipedia and the losers that resided there under the influence of Jimmy juice and big Sue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.