Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo threatened
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion > The Jimbo Phenomenon
thekohser
Do you think Mike Godwin would have backed up Jimbo on this advice?

Having received completely deranged threats of violence some years ago from someone claiming to be from SPK, I see no particular reason to doubt it. However, I urge all Wikipedians who on the receiving end of "terrorist-like tactics" like that not to take matters into their own hands on-wiki, but to contact the Wikimedia Foundation and local authorities to report it.--[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]] ([[User talk:Jimbo Wales#top|talk]]) 22:02, 7 January 2011 (UTC)
Peter Damian
Quick summary, as I understand it.

1. Someone (Claudios Santos) complains about a BLP issue on the Spanish Wikipedia.

2. Jimbo replies that he doesn't know Spanish, therefore it is a matter for the Spanish Wiki

3. Our own Silver Seren says that the fact that Santos has complained to Jimbo is telling, therefore it is a matter for the Spanish Wiki

4. Santos is accused of being a troll and a terrorist.
EricBarbour
So......es.wiki is just like en.wiki.......

Also: I find it incredible that the Hubers are still active, after 40 years.....
their original SPK was legendary (for bad reasons, granted).

This is like being told that the Knights of the Round Table or
Robin Hood's Merry Men are still in business.
Guido den Broeder
Having received completely deranged threats of violence some years ago from someone claiming to be from SPK, I see no particular reason to doubt it. However, I urge all Wikipedians who on the receiving end of "terrorist-like tactics" like that not to take matters into their own hands on-wiki, but to contact the Wikimedia Foundation and local authorities to report it.--[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]] ([[User talk:Jimbo Wales#top|talk]]) 22:02, 7 January 2011 (UTC)

Very funny, because when I did contact the Wikimedia Foundation, nobody was home.

And when I did report to the local authorities, my Wikipedia accounts got blocked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.