Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Professor Wilson tampering with MyWikiBiz article
> Wikimedia Discussion > The Wikipedia Annex
thekohser
Could someone explain what Professor Wilson did to the Wikipedia Review article here?

Is he just letting me know that he misses our interaction at Inside Higher Education?
CharlotteWebb
Added a comma after your name (being an appositive construct and all).
thekohser
QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Mon 24th January 2011, 9:00am) *

Added a comma after your name (being an appositive construct and all).

How sweet. I couldn't see that too well on my laptop. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked. Anyway, it's nice to see the good professor keeping watch over his beloved Wikipedia in this way.

Charlotte, do you think it rose to the level of hyperbaton?
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 24th January 2011, 3:28pm) *

Charlotte, do you think it rose to the level of hyperbaton?

I see what you did, there.

As long as corrections are being made to the sentence, perhaps the manner in which the passive voice is being abused (with identification of the actor being avoided) could be addressed and acted upon. I suppose in the interest of parity you could say "...when Wikipedia [god-king] Jimmy Wales banned Wikipedia Review [proprietor] Gregory Kohs from editing Wikipedia..." (filling in whatever positional titles are appropriate this week) thus mentioning both names in the lead section or neither. I don't know.

I also like how they use "hibernated" in the very general sense of "went underground" immediately prior.
thekohser
QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Mon 24th January 2011, 11:40am) *

I also like how they use "hibernated" in the very general sense of "went underground" immediately prior.

I do, too. I wonder if Wikipediots realize that most creatures that hibernate actually do awake at some time. What would be the best way for Wikipedia to reflect the fact that Wikipedia Review as a paid content editing service is, in fact, "unhibernated" again?
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 24th January 2011, 6:27pm) *

I do, too. I wonder if Wikipediots realize that most creatures that hibernate actually do awake at some time. What would be the best way for Wikipedia to reflect the fact that Wikipedia Review as a paid content editing service is, in fact, "unhibernated" again?

You know they'd delete the article before allowing it to acknowledge an ongoing failure to keep your socks out.

P.S. I have to wonder what this is about, being unable to find any thread 32541.
The error returned was:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.
gomi
QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Mon 24th January 2011, 1:19pm) *
P.S. I have to wonder what this is about, being unable to find any thread 32541.

Threads 32450 and 32543 are in the Media forums, so the most likely explanation is that the topics were merged as part of media-forum consolidation. I checked the deleted topics, and it is not there, and I don't have the time or energy to search the moderation logs (manually, there's no search tool).
thekohser
I'm fascinated watching the work of The Bold Soldier Boy and of Angus the Culdee as they transform the Wikipedia Review article into some modest form of performance art.

I love the allusion to sub warfare and Clark Gable.
thekohser
I guess were back to "banned" and "hibernated" now.

I wonder if Wikipediots would let me take a crack at really fixing that article, on the condition that they just let me go for it, undisturbed, for a couple of days with a SPA.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 25th January 2011, 3:59pm) *

I guess were back to "banned" and "hibernated" now.

I wonder if Wikipediots would let me take a crack at really fixing that article, on the condition that they just let me go for it, undisturbed, for a couple of days with a SPA.

Tarc is a moron.

Wikipediots are so stoopid they can't even describe their own system correctly —

They can't ban people, they can only block accounts.

Jon dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.