Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Witless Protection (or The Arseholes Formally Known As...)
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors
RDH(Ghost In The Machine)
(And sometimes not even then...)

A big reason why Dikipedia's culture is so slow to change is that the same clowns keep leaving the circus only to reappear later with a new identity and a fresh clown face.

Hey, what MMORPG doesn't allow its players to restart as new characters?!

The purpose of this thread, therefore, is to help us keep track of who's who and who was whom. To get us started here's a list of notable and infamous and mainly psuedononymous Wikipedians I know of...please feel free to add your own in the spirit of shared knowledge:

Ambi=Rebecca

Navou=Mercury=NonvocalScream

Jaranda=Secret

Musical Linguist=ElenorD=Wikitumnus

NSLE=Chacor

HighInBC=Until(1==2)=Chillum

Sam Blacketer=Dbiv=Fys=David Boothroyd

Tony Sidaway=Anticipation of a New Lover's Arrival, The=Jenny/Regenerate This

Naconkantari =Nakon

DocGlasgow=Scott MacDonald

Wyss=Gwen Gale

Neil=Proto=Fish&Karate

Berig=Wiglaf

Dmcdevit=Dominic

Uncle G =Lucky 6.9=PMDrive1061

Cirt=Smee=Smeelgova

Rlevse=Vanished 6551232
Ottava
Don't forget A horse's favorite sock master:

Kscottbailey = BobTheTomato = Bellwether BC = MrWhich = S Dean Jameson = Watershipper = Unitanode = Who knows what he is going by now.
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(RDH(Ghost In The Machine) @ Mon 31st January 2011, 6:39pm) *

Uncle G =Lucky 6.9=PMDrive1061

Really? blink.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(RDH(Ghost In The Machine) @ Mon 31st January 2011, 4:39pm) *

The purpose of this thread, therefore, is to help us keep track of who's who and who was whom. To get us started here's a list of notable and infamous and mainly psuedononymous Wikipedians I know of...please feel free to add your own in the spirit of shared knowledge:
Musical Linguist=ElenorD=Wikitumnus

No. I did the analysis more or less outing ElenorD as Wikitumnus, a few days before ElenorD admitted it. tongue.gif But the same analysis shows that Musical Linguist is a separate person, albeit sharing a similar taste for Narnia and living in the same country.
RDH(Ghost In The Machine)
Actually let's broaden this topic to include shared/alternative IDs, along with supporting evidence thereof.
tongue.gif
Tarc
Funny how many there are in the pro-Israeli camp;

YechielMan --> Shalom Yechiel --> Shalom --> Chutznik

Sefringle --> Yahel Guhan

Malcolm Schosha --> Kwork

Isarig --> NoCal100 --> CanadianMonkey

??? --> Wikifan12345

And from the anti-Obama crowd;

Noroton --> JohnWBarber
Somey
This seems like a good place (and it's been quite a while since I did this) for me to point out that The Wikipedia Review neither condones nor condemns the practice of multiple account use on Wikipedia. However, I personally think that if you're going to do it, you should do it with an eye to generating as much "lulz" as possible.

Milton, you're right - I do recall that we decided that there wasn't sufficient evidence to conclude definitively that Musical Linguist (T-C-L-K-R-D) and ElinorD (T-C-L-K-R-D) were/are the same person. (I remember that business with the photo of the big block of yeast...) But I don't believe we ever proved that they're two different people, did we? IOW, I thought the jury was still out on that one. Then again, it was three years ago, and I'd prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt in most cases.
thekohser
Come on, guys.

Thekohser = Wikipedia Review = QuiteNiceGuy = JossBuckle Swami = Sewsum Basiljock = Shelborne Concierge = Vividraise = Earthboat = Earthenboat = Earthenwareboat = Marsboat = Llama roper = Libertyvalley = LBJ's collie = Mister GJK = Neptune ship = Jupiterboat = Nathaniel Riddely = UranusVessel = SpamWatcher = Shatner's First Wife = Second City Denmark = Quackers the duck = Pluto_Car = Thekohser_XIV = 161 Mountain = Raritan Morning = He called me with jack high
= etc., etc., etc.

Need I go on? There are about 40 more.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(RDH(Ghost In The Machine) @ Mon 31st January 2011, 8:04pm) *

Actually let's broaden this topic to include shared / alternative IDs, along with supporting evidence thereof.

EVIDENCE !? We don't need no stinkin' evidence !!!
Sololol
QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 1st February 2011, 1:26am) *

Isarig --> NoCal100 --> CanadianMonkey

I'm still not sure if everything in NoCal's sockdrawer is Isariq or if his son is in on it, too. NoCal is always promoting the son's latest tech venture/company. Some of the CUs make me think it's the son but, borrowing SV's "well-honed linguistic analytic skills", it could just be Isariq.
-DS-
Le Grand Roi des Citrouilles -> Wikipedian, Historian and Friend? -> Horace Horatius -> Elisabeth Rogan -> B988a4299d07c0f61fbc8378965438f0 -> Renamed user 19 -> A Nobody
Zoloft
QUOTE(RDH(Ghost In The Machine) @ Mon 31st January 2011, 4:39pm) *

(And sometimes not even then...)

A big reason why Dikipedia's culture is so slow to change is that the same clowns keep leaving the circus only to reappear later with a new identity and a fresh clown face.

Hey, what MMORPG doesn't allow its players to restart as new characters?!

Cirt=Smee=Smeelgova

My apologies for gravedigging this topic. I was re-reading it because I had unread posts in the topic, and I noticed the alternative IDs for Cirt.

So I Googled the IDs, one by one.
Cirt - top results were obscured by various (mostly security-related) organizations called CIRT.

Smee was dominated by the pirate sidekick from Peter Pan.

Smeelgova...

blink.gif

...appears to be being Google-bombed.
carbuncle
QUOTE(Zoloft @ Thu 2nd June 2011, 6:56am) *

Smeelgova...

blink.gif

Hmmm, where have I heard that idea before? As amusing as some of the comments are, I do not look forward to wading through all of that if I need to google Smee/Smeelgova/Cirt for any reason in the future.
lilburne
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Thu 2nd June 2011, 1:56pm) *

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Thu 2nd June 2011, 6:56am) *

Smeelgova...

blink.gif

Hmmm, where have I heard that idea before? As amusing as some of the comments are, I do not look forward to wading through all of that if I need to google Smee/Smeelgova/Cirt for any reason in the future.

Not me. I'd have been far nastier. But it does go to show that Google bombing can be done with very little effort. If you have a campaign behind it so much the better, but its not needed. Really all that 'but its a meme' and 'its already first page on google' is just one big MEH!. Years ago I Google bombed the Songbird Survival website. Even today some 8 years later the phrase I used brings the website onto the first page of Google, and I killed the links 6 years ago.
Zoloft
Maybe Cirt is deciding to hide his/her old tracks...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.