Gource is a software version control visualization tool used to plot activity around open source software development.

There is a good example of how it works describing the development of the Wordpress blogging platform, here (interesting link that makes most sense of this suggestion), where individual coders flying about like little angels in space as they beam down contribution to the development. Or invent your own sub-cellular analogy if you wish.

I'd love to see this run on some of the Wiki-pages ... I suspect to run it on the Wikipedia as a whole would crash a super-computer.

I don't have the mental capacity at present to look into whether it would be possible to run Gsource on some of the manic Wiki-fidders or conflict topics. If I had a suggestion, it would be to add a feature whereby by pages and contributors 'grew' in size according to the number of their contributions ... until they finally burst by being de-sysopped, retiring, or being banned ... and a way of connecting editing teams/socks. You'd have to colorize the personal attacks, aka editing on User Talk pages and blockings.

It could be hilarious ... (It needs to go 3D too).

Here is OpenOffice in development. There are other similar videos, here.