Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Korg
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
EricBarbour
The Korg article. Especially the list of products.

This is being edited by the company's representatives.
Clearly.

Examples:

* 1980 - Korg CX-3: One of the first and most authentic Hammond B-3 clones ever produced.

* 2000 - Korg Pa80: A new range of arranger from Korg was introduced in year 2000: the Pa Series. Pa80 was the first model introduced in December 2000 with the same engine as Korg's flagship and bestselling Triton series, a wide selection of highly-musical Styles created by some of the best musicians in the world, a Multitasking Operating System and a revolutionary Dual Sequencer design.

* 2007 - Korg Kaossilator - Compact, handheld dynamic phrase synthesizer which features 100 programs including acoustic, percussion, and electronic sounds, a gate arpeggiator, 31 scale types ranging from Chromatic and Blues to Egyptian and Gypsy, and an 8 layer 8-step sequencer for producing loop-based music. Following in the footsteps of Korg's KP technology, it features a touch pad where the horizontal axis varies in pitch and the vertical in tone. Released January 2008 in the US.

* 2008 - Korg pa588 - During year 2008, Korg introduced Pa588, a cross-over of an arranger (the acclaimed Pa500) and a digital stage piano, with the 88-note graded-weighted RH3 keyboard, built-in speakers, and a beautiful piano sample. It came with piano stand included, and featured Pa-Series compatibility.

* 2010 - Korg MR2 - High resolution mobile recorder, dubbed by KORG as a true "workhorse".

* 2010 - Korg MicroMetro - A tiny compact metronome that doesn't compromise on quality.

* 2010 - Korg SP170 - KORG's most affordable and compact piano to date delivering world class sound.

Alison
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 29th March 2011, 9:32pm) *

Clearly.

Korg EX800 is missing. Tsk! rolleyes.gif
Somey
We had an earlier thread that mentioned Korg, as I recall. (In fact, I was the one who mentioned them!) It's hard to say whether they worked it out the hard way or just happened on the correct formula by happenstance, but they clearly understand that the way to promote product on Wikipedia is to never use named user accounts, try not to interact with the WP user community (at all, if possible), and when challenged, disappear and wait for the antagonist to lose interest - and then come back with a different IP address.

They don't seem to be quite as interested in the individual products, either - just the company page. Most of their products are red links. Apparently one of the company founders died a couple of weeks ago, and they're not spelling his name consistently. But hey, he was Japanese... at least they didn't try to display his name in Kanji, I'm sure they would have made a complete mess of that.

Meanwhile, I was looking at articles on products from rival companies, and couldn't help noticing that the article on the Roland Rhythm 77 (T-H-L-K-D) is one of the worst I've seen in years. (FWIW.) hmmm.gif
carbuncle
QUOTE(Alison @ Wed 30th March 2011, 5:57am) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 29th March 2011, 9:32pm) *

Clearly.

Korg EX800 is missing. Tsk! rolleyes.gif

Keyboardmuseum seems to be dead... unhappy.gif
A User
QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 30th March 2011, 4:44am) *

Meanwhile, I was looking at articles on products from rival companies, and couldn't help noticing that the article on the Roland Rhythm 77 (T-H-L-K-D) is one of the worst I've seen in years. (FWIW.) hmmm.gif

It looks like it was copied straight off a music students notebook. Good catch Somey, you didn't miss a beat (pardon the pun) laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.