Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paid editing done wrong (or joe job)
> Wikimedia Discussion > The Wikipedia Annex
carbuncle
If you are offering paid editing on WP, it might be wise not to reveal your name. If you advertise that you are offering to DOS competitor's websites, you are either an idiot or someone is setting you up.
I provide full SEO services plus I can get you your own Wikipedia page and delete any links to your competition's website on Wikipedia with my multiple ID's.

I can get your competition's links all deleted plus any Facebook and Twitter accounts through a timed program to send dozens of different complaints over days or weeks using many email accounts.

All email accounts for your competition can be overloaded with spam.

Premium service include DOS takedowns of their website from overseas servers.

Contact Andrew at mailto:alehrer@fido.blackberry.com for rates.

Apparently someone contacted WP about this via the confidential OTRS list (and their email was immediately published on the admin noticeboard).
thekohser
Don't worry, Guy Chapman is all over it, so it will come to a peaceful, successful conclusion.

bored.gif
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 28th April 2011, 11:07am) *

Don't worry, Guy Chapman is all over it...

Mmmm....kinky! evilgrin.gif

I hope Guy remembers to clean up with a towel. After all, cleanliness is next to godliness...except in the dictionary, where "cleanliness" is next to "cleavage." boing.gif
carbuncle
I've been in touch with the victim - it was a joe job.
EricBarbour
And Bauder promptly deleted it.

Another stupid thing I saw: Cunard postdating comments to "prevent archiving".
I don't suppose Arbcom or the WMF told him to do that, eh?
chrisoff
Humm. Looking at the evidence, it certainly looks like Bauder did as you say.

Would the WMF be so corrupt, do you think as to tell someone to postdate comments to "prevent archiving"?

I thought they were purely an administrative organization above politics.
Heat
The "ad" was a hoax by an internet stalker targeting the owner of that blackberry account - ie someone posted a fake ad and then promptly complained about it to OTRS and JzG took the bait and stupidly posted the identifying info on WP:ANI. Alison tried to explain to JzG what he'd done wrong but it turns out he's either too obtuse to understand or doesn't want to admit his mistake. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=426450814

Abd
QUOTE(Heat @ Sat 30th April 2011, 11:51pm) *
Alison tried to explain to JzG what he'd done wrong but it turns out he's either too obtuse to understand or doesn't want to admit his mistake. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=426450814
JzG doesn't want to admit a mistake? What other earth-shaking events took place? Are pigs flying and fishes riding bicycles? Is the pope Catholic?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.