Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Royal Dog
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
TheKartingWikipedian
This article is about a dog. Some people want to delete it; I can't think why.

Then again, Wikipedia is already overflowing with shit, a bit more such as this article won't go amiss.

There are some brilliant arguments for keeping this load of bollocks. rolleyes.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(TheKartingWikipedian @ Thu 5th May 2011, 10:52am) *

This article is about a dog. Some people want to delete it; I can't think why.

If you look at WP's list of dogs you'll find some fascinating dogs. Consider Balto. And the WW II black labrador RAF mascot dog with the historically unfortunate name of Nigger_(dog).

You see, this all shades off into Wilberforce (cat) and various holders of the title to Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office, then from there on to the Otto Middletons. No bright lines. The places where WP really shines as an almanac of fun trivia, are also the places where it continues into somebody's stamp collection. Than which, there is nothing more horrendously deadly boring, unless it's stories of their kids accomplishments or their vacation photos ("If you say 'Dubrovnik' just one more time, Fred, I'm going to kill you....")
Tarc
What a fucking joke. Humphrey (cat) (T-H-L-K-D) is classified as a GA, even. sick.gif

TheKartingWikipedian
QUOTE(Tarc @ Thu 5th May 2011, 8:30pm) *

What a fucking joke. Humphrey (cat) (T-H-L-K-D) is classified as a GA, even. sick.gif

The article is obviously a massive piss take.
mauve
And the accompanying featured list: Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office
Michaeldsuarez
Not only that, but they also aren't sure about whether the dog exists or who's its owner. It's an "alleged" dog.
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
QUOTE(TheKartingWikipedian @ Thu 5th May 2011, 6:52pm) *

You again, huh? Is there some "British Isle" angle in this? I mean, is it the most famous dog in the British Isles, Ireland, the Isle of Man and the UK, or perhaps even Europe?

A fucking dog gets a Wikipedia topic for eating a pearl earring whilst its owner, Kate Middleton, gets crowned Queen of England for eating William of Windsor's pearl necklace.

Funnily enough, when you wrote "The Royal Dog" I thought it was going to be about her. Son follows father in picking a filly who is going to end up looking like a nag. (I mean, honestly, with his pulling power, was she really the best he could do? What are they playing it ... were there no hot princesses on the loose?)

As one might suspect, the topic is already top of Google, as is Pippa's.

I, for one, have not been following all this and if there is anything to make the Wikipedia look modest and well ground, it is the British Monarchy ... "Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge", an accessory buyer with a high street fashion shop chain, who are they trying to kid?

And no mention of Otto in the main topic, I'd try and add him if I were you.
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Thu 5th May 2011, 5:17pm) *
A fucking dog gets a Wikipedia topic for eating a pearl earring whilst its owner, Kate Middleton, gets crowned Queen of England for eating William of Windsor's pearl necklace.

Heh. Far as we know.

Did she swallow? Would that make a good Wikipedia Featured Article?
Is Her Duchessness consuming the Sacred And Most High Semen Of The House Of Windsor? yak.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.