Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reference desk requires autoconfirmed editors?
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Abd
Wikipedia:Reference desk is protected. Then I noticed this little discussion.
How many IPs are the Admins prepared to block to stop what thwey term as disruption, trolling or vandalism on these pages? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 92.28.84.18 (talk) 23:23, 4 May 2011 (UTC)

As many as you've got. There are a lot of us, and only one of you. ←Baseball Bugs What's up, Doc? carrots→ 23:35, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
And then a discussion ensued in the next section. I think they really are idiots. At the end of this discussion:
There is a place for this kind of discussion at WP:Sockpuppet investigations. This isn't the place to evaluate evidence and ask for blocks. Wnt (talk) 05:57, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
He's right, but Baseball Bugs just slugs back:
Your demonstrated willingness and eagerness to feed trolls renders your opinion on this matter irrelevant. ←Baseball Bugs What's up, Doc? carrots→ 09:43, 5 May 2011 (UTC)

At ANI they've concluded there would be too much potential collateral damage to do a range block. So we'll just have to swat the fleas as they arise from that mangy Manx. ←Baseball Bugs What's up, Doc? carrots→ 11:36, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
So much for bluster.

IP: 1
Baseball Bugs, 0.

Interesting thing is that Baseball Bugs responded to the troll. Poi-fect, I'm sure the troll thought.

I was *so* tempted to respond in the thread about "only one of you." There are actually far more possible vandals and trolls than there are Wikipedia editors, but they aren't coordinated. Usually.

Bwahahaha.
EricBarbour
And you wanted to edit that "encyclopedia", why exactly?

So long as they tolerate Bugs, and many other "personalities", they will not be an "encyclopedia".
Kelly Martin
Honestly, what can you expect of a service where a prominent content manager is known only by the name of "Baseball Bugs"?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.