Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Otto Middleton
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Doc glasgow
I thought my new essay might interest people here.

It was create in response to the tendency of Wikipedians to create bios by using google and then using tabloid asides as facts. It shown what bollocks that is.
lilburne
QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Mon 9th May 2011, 5:44pm) *

It was create in response to the tendency of Wikipedians to create bios by using google and then using tabloid asides as facts. It shown what bollocks that is.

Hmmm. It isn't just tabloids that print bollocks unless you are casting the Telegraph with that sobriquet too. Also what is the Guardian getting sniffy about? It isn't the responsibility of 3rd parties to stop papers from printing crap.
Doc glasgow
QUOTE(lilburne @ Mon 9th May 2011, 9:25pm) *

Hmmm. It isn't just tabloids that print bollocks unless you are casting the Telegraph with that sobriquet too. Also what is the Guardian getting sniffy about? It isn't the responsibility of 3rd parties to stop papers from printing crap.

Yes, the blatant hypocrisy is rife. It does rather show the bullshit of "well it is a quality newspaper".

Giano

Sadly, my good friend Doc, has never discovered that satire is entirely wasted in the wacky world of Wikipedia. It's something that my other good friend Geogre never discovered either and he became so pissed off because others could not recognise it that it resulted (in my opinion) in his ultimate departure. There's a certain irony there, that Doc might like to consider. My esteemed late, great, grand aunt, the Lady Catherine de Burgh fails to recognise it too, but she is made of stronger stuff and ploughs on satiricaly regardless.

To appreciate satire, one needs a degree of education, worldly knowledge and sophistication - which seems rather lacking in the editors from Boise and Niles, Illinois, who seem to populate Wikipedia.

Giacomo
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Mon 9th May 2011, 12:44pm) *

Eh, phooey. That's not interesting. hrmph.gif

This is interesting! (And to think, Giano was able to vote for her, too!) smile.gif
Giano
QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 10th May 2011, 7:45pm) *

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Mon 9th May 2011, 12:44pm) *

Eh, phooey. That's not interesting. hrmph.gif

This is interesting! (And to think, Giano was able to vote for her, too!) smile.gif

More than interesting - which Arb/Admin is she? She's a lot more appealing than my mental picture of Coren or Theresa Knott.

Giacomo
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(Giano @ Tue 10th May 2011, 2:54pm) *

More than interesting - which Arb/Admin is she? She's a lot more appealing than my mental picture of Coren or Theresa Knott.

Whatsamatta you? You don't recognize one of the most famous Italian parliamentarians of the post-Benito years? blink.gif
gomi
QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 10th May 2011, 11:45am) *

I doubt she was always a "her", not that there is anything wrong with that. Didn't know you swung that way, Horsey smile.gif

(And no, I don't think Horsey's photo is la Cicciolina, best know as Jeff Koons' ex-wife.)
Giano
QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 10th May 2011, 7:56pm) *

QUOTE(Giano @ Tue 10th May 2011, 2:54pm) *

Whatsamatta you? You don't recognize one of the most famous Italian parliamentarians of the post-Benito years? blink.gif

I have lived a very protective life, this http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...fulltext=Search was my one contribution to wikipedia's seemier side.

G
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.