Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blocked 5000 editors in just over 12 months?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Bureaucracy
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
From the British Isles debacle, but it also refers to the recent discussion on active editor numbers ... this comment regarding HJ Mitchell (T-C-L-K-R-D) checkable?

... "blocked or re-blocked over 5000 editors in just over 12 months".

This Mitchell bloke appears to be some sort of English nationalist judging by the flags plastered over his pages - I mean is this appropriate for an admin? Can an admin who parades his nationality like this fairly judge the actions of what I am assuming is an Irish nationalist editor. I won't say he is anti-Irish but the indefinite blocking of this editor seems unreasonable.

I am also concerned about the fact that the Admin has blocked or re-blocked over 5000 editors in just over 12 months - this seems a bit over the top to me.

I mean where does he find the time to properly review an average of over 100 editors a week? His user boxes seem to indicate that he rejoices in the ability to "ban" editors. This statement Impeccable timing, I just found a vandal in need of a block. from the discussion on his talk page seems a bit on the triumphalist side. Silent Billy (talk) 00:33, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
Michaeldsuarez
QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Tue 10th May 2011, 1:57pm) *

From the British Isles debacle, but it also refers to the recent discussion on active editor numbers ... this comment regarding HJ Mitchell (T-C-L-K-R-D) checkable?

... "blocked or re-blocked over 5000 editors in just over 12 months".

Yes, it is. Here's HJ_Mitchell's last 5,000 entries in the bock log:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...ser=HJ_Mitchell

It goes back as far as last May (12 months ago), so Silent Billy's assertion appears to be true.
Cock-up-over-conspiracy
QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Tue 10th May 2011, 2:36pm) *
It goes back as far as last May (12 months ago), so Silent Billy's assertion appears to be true.

100 per week, 14 per day ... on average ... for one year.

12 working days of his year minimum (8 hour average) 'just' banning users ... that's presuming no cases actually required looking into.

Now extrapolate this over a number of similar admins ... no wonder they crave other distractions, like defending the notable young ladies of Playboy.
Theanima
Mitchell has just had an ego-boosting "reconfirmation RFA". It was closed by Andrevan, who also supported (a blatant conflict of interest), just as the opposes for Mitchell's heavy-handed approach to administrating were coming in.
melloden
QUOTE(Theanima @ Tue 10th May 2011, 4:03pm) *

Mitchell has just had an ego-boosting "reconfirmation RFA". It was closed by Andrevan, who also supported (a blatant conflict of interest), just as the opposes for Mitchell's heavy-handed approach to administrating were coming in.

I'm not British, so I don't really understand the whole British nationalist hullabaloo, but frankly, don't we have anything better to talk about than Mitchell's blocking log?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.