I can fully understand why this is on Wikipedia. It seems to be a legitimate item for an online encyclopedia.

However, the organization of the tables is honestly atrocious. Since when do ordinary computer users need to compare hotkey functions for different operating systems? This layout goes right back to the original version of the article. Since most of them are identical (or very similar) across the table for all the OSes, why bother having separate listings for each hotkey and OS, thus making an unwieldy monster of a table? It should have been broken down into separate tables for each OS.

The present layout forces someone looking for a specific key sequence to diddle with those little "scroll" buttons on the top of each table column---a fact which is NOT obvious, and which is NOT described in the article introduction, and which I stumbled into. And all it took was inserting the word "sortable". Niiiice.

Plus, I see no differentiation between original Mac OS and OS X. My Mac keyboard does not have an "EJECT" key. And why are EMACS keycodes stuck on the end of some of the tables? Since when is EMACS an "operating system"?

I'm not sure whether to abuse the authors of this mess-table, or the authors of the MediaWiki code that handles "wikitables", and therefore created the "invisible scrolling" "feature". So I'll have to abuse both.