Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wales at eG8 in : Wikipedia - the BIG elephant
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
the fieryangel
Jimbo was in Paris this week for the eG8, which was an event organized by the Publicis ad agency to promote the web as a means of promoting growth, whatever that means.

When Jimbo was asked by Publicis CEO Maurice Levy about "the right to be forgotten on the Internet", Jimbo replied :

They say that elephants have good memories and never forget. Well, Wikipedia is one big elephant!"

...and that, my friends, pretty much sums up everything that's wrong about Wikipedia...
Milton Roe
QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Fri 27th May 2011, 6:38am) *

Jimbo was in Paris this week for the eG8, which was an event organized by the Publicis ad agency to promote the web as a means of promoting growth, whatever that means.

When Jimbo was asked by Publicis CEO Maurice Levy about "the right to be forgotten on the Internet", Jimbo replied :

They say that elephants have good memories and never forget. Well, Wikipedia is one big elephant!"

...and that, my friends, pretty much sums up everything that's wrong about Wikipedia...

Yes. Including the fact that Jimbo Wales is so clueless that he doesn't even understand that what goes around, eventually comes around.

Sometime in the future, when Wales can do nothing whatsoever about it, his own pet is going to run a couple of ivory tusks through some of his own cherished interests, then do a four-ton headstand on him for good measure.
thekohser
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Fri 27th May 2011, 3:11pm) *

Yes. Incuding the fact that Jimbo Wales is so clueless that he doesn't even understand that what goes around, eventually comes around.

Mark my words-- sometime in the future when Wales can do nothing whatsoever about it, his own pet is going to run a couple of ivory tusks through some of his own cherished interests, then do a four-ton headstand on him for good measure.

I'd pay to see it. Hope I live that long.

Look for Kira's tell-all book, "Growing Up With Jimbo: Love Across the Atlantic", in oh... about 2021.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.