Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SlimVirgin versus Cirt
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Cirt
carbuncle
SlimVirgin, who has been quite involved in the fuss over Cirt's expansion of Santorum (neologism), has cottoned on to Cirt's creation of overly promotional articles on Dan Savage's books. She has opened up a discussion on Cirt's talk page:
A concern

Hi Cirt, I have a concern about your editing.

On AN/I on May 27, in response to complaints about the interaction between yourself and Jayen, I asked him to consider not filing an RfC on you until some of the heat had died from the situation, because it seemed you were feeling embattled. [2] In return you agreed to take on board the criticism that you seem to edit too much to further what might be personal interests. [3]

Now I see on your talk page that you had two DYKs on June 5 for articles you created or expanded about Dan Savage. [4] [5] Savage is the writer who began the neologism campaign against Rick Santorum that you recently expanded the article on, taking it from 1,500 words to over 5,000. You also created Dan Savage bibliography, and three templates to which you added the neologism: Template:Dan Savage, Template:Political neologisms, and Template:Sexual slang. It was this editing, in part, that lay behind the AN/I concerns.

On May 29—after the AN/I discussion—you proposed a third DYK related to Savage, [6] on May 30 a fourth, [7] on June 1 a fifth, [8] and today a sixth. [9]

I'm confused about this, and would appreciate an explanation. SlimVirgin TALK|CONTRIBS 05:55, 6 June 2011 (UTC)

Cirt withdrew their DYK proposals, which started a discussion at on the DYK talk page and a series of in again out again edits. This promises to be interesting.
Somey
Hmm. Slimmy certainly has the right idea here, even if she's ultimately defending one of the Bad Guys. Of course, there was never much doubt that Slimmy is a conservative...

At first glance, I see this is just another example of why Wikipedia should get out of the trying-to-be-the-Urban-Dictionary business. They're just not very good at it, and in this case there's also the (physical) Ick Factor to contend with. But they don't control the Urban Dictionary, so not much chance of relief from that corner... oh well, I guess this is what happens when their Encyclopedia Dramatica is taken away from them.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Mon 6th June 2011, 10:23am) *

SlimVirgin, who has been quite involved in the fuss over Cirt's expansion of Santorum (neologism), has cottoned on to Cirt's creation of overly promotional articles on Dan Savage's books. She has opened up a discussion on Cirt's talk page:
I am highly entertained by how Dravecky (T-C-L-K-R-D) jumps in to say, "But wait! Don't we need to use Wikipedia as a WP:SOAPbox?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.