Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jim Nabors
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
A Horse With No Name
Village Voice gossip columnist Michael Musto has a boner to pick with Wikipedia over the contents of the article on actor/singer Jim Nabors: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/2...s_stra.php#more
Silver seren
Apparently, this columnist has issues with quotes and sources.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Silver seren @ Fri 1st July 2011, 1:03pm) *

Apparently, this columnist has issues with quotes and sources.

It's the Village Voice, past well-spring of HIV/AIDS denialism. I don't know what they see in the back of Gomer Pyle's closet, but I do know that I trust them far less than Wikipedia. Even if this wasn't in a gossip column.
EricBarbour
The Village Voice was once a fairly decent paper, that did some actual journalism. Even won a few awards.
But ever since the New Times freaks bought them, they've been sliding into irrelevance.

(You would not believe some of the rumors I've heard involving New Times and their founders. They sound like complete raving lunatics.
They're constantly locked in mortal combat with an equally-crazy Phoenix asshole, sheriff Joe Arpaio.)

They're also currently engaged in a stupid feud with Ashton Kutcher. Plus the David Bruce McMahan stuff. It just gets worse every year.

(BTW: according to their archenemy, the San Francisco Bay Guardian, they may be on the verge of bankruptcy. Oops.
Looks like the dead-tree business is getting kinda grim.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.