Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chicago Meetup IV
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
carbuncle
I think that WP gets a bad rap in "the media". They tend to portray WP editors as unattractive misfits who look like oversized trolls, but in reality they are a just a sampling of everyday people. Enjoy the pix from Chicago Meetup IV. If you dare.
lilburne
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Mon 4th July 2011, 11:39pm) *

I think that WP gets a bad rap in "the media". They tend to portray WP editors as unattractive misfits who look like oversized trolls, but in reality they are a just a sampling of everyday people. Enjoy the pix from Chicago Meetup IV. If you dare.

The maths is awesome.
powercorrupts
I like Jake the Peg with the Amish beard - he reminds me of when Marvel comics went down the pan, and the team leader was always the super-sized geezer in the middle of a cheesy group snap. The guy in orange is straight out of DC though.
RMHED

There should be a law prohibiting adult males from wearing shorts, except if they're participating in certain sports.
Zoloft
Wikipedia Review should have a meetup.

dry.gif Of course, it'd probably consist of me eating a Waldorf Salad at Traxx (T-H-L-K-D) in Union Station, griping to myself over why nobody attended.

Edit: Hmmm... redlink for a nice restaurant.

powercorrupts
The guy on the far left is starting to beam up. 5 seconds later it's an empty space.
A Horse With No Name
Tod Browning would approve. dry.gif
powercorrupts
QUOTE(RMHED @ Tue 5th July 2011, 12:02am) *

There should be a law prohibiting adult males from wearing shorts, except if they're participating in certain sports.

The dude's called TonyTheTiger - his catalogue-wear is the least of his problems.

I'm certain I saw this guy in Sean of the Dead.

melloden
The last time I saw a picture of MuZemike, I could have sworn he weighed less and was a redhead. But that's probably my imagination.

Orangemike looks like either the creepy guy on the end of the street dressed up for Halloween. Or a sort of orange-loving Hagrid.
EricBarbour
Tod Browning?......

John Waters would have a field day with those freaks.
He'd probably make a whole movie around Orangemike.
(If Orangemike weren't an insufferable blowhard, that is.)
Kelly Martin
Damn. I wish I'd known about that meetup. It would have been amusing to have "stopped in". I wonder how many of them would have realized that I'm a wikisatan and tried to get rid of me.
victim of censorship
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Mon 4th July 2011, 5:39pm) *

Not to put a to fine of a point and say, based on the "average" Modus operandi of your "typical" wikipediot, are over sized misfits, Sociopaths, Pedophiles, sex-deviants, all with with Napoleon complexes as well as other basement dwelling freaks, pathological liars and nutters with causes way out in the left space of hell - all lacking any commitment to truth - all destructive to the general welfare of mankind.

And Mr Lowey (orangemike) is right up with the worst of the bunch - all lacking in intellectual honesty, and all are degenerate hypocrites - the scum of the world.

That said, it's to bad I didn't got word of this "meet up" earlier, I would love to have discuses this with ORANGE MIKE face to face, in the "REal World" with out his TOOLS, other then his pea sized brain and his warped sense of right and wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.