Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyril Lord
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
How is it possible that the WP article about Cyril Lord makes no mention of his guest cameo appearance on the late-60's TV hit, Batman? That's downright negligent of the world's biggest trivia bucket.
Abd
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 21st July 2011, 9:30am) *

How is it possible that the WP article about Cyril Lord makes no mention of his guest cameo appearance on the late-60's TV hit, Batman? That's downright negligent of the world's biggest trivia bucket.
And the photos.

And the video. Cyril Lord is at 4:16. I gotta watch this, later....

Who could quarrel with sources like this, and an article started by JzG?

But it's easy to answer how it's possible. Thekohser is banned, and he's not willing to waste a perfectly good sock or a perfectly good IP on something he's not paid for. Why should he? He can post this here, and someone else might do it for him. Besides, those sources aren't adequate. In theory. In practice, probably. Cyril Lord definitely deserves a much deeper article, but that's work, and who cares enough to do it? This guy was apparently seriously famous in his time. But the sources aren't quite so readily found on the internet.
thekohser
QUOTE(Abd @ Thu 21st July 2011, 11:22am) *

and an article started by JzG?

Bzzt.
Abd
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 21st July 2011, 11:39am) *
QUOTE(Abd @ Thu 21st July 2011, 11:22am) *
and an article started by JzG?
Bzzt.
Aw, c'mon, you don't expect me to research everything, do you? Talk page post was signed "Guy," so I made an assumption. Yeah, wrong. How could Sweetalkinguy (T-C-L-K-R-D) be JzG, who couldn't talk sweet if he was stuffed with marmalade.

Actually, I never tried the experiment. Maybe it would work.
Detective
Interestingly, there is no article on WP about Cyril Lord's brother Peter Lord. He was an eminent surgeon, who has not one but two standard surgical procedures named after him, for the treatment of a hydrocele

(Warning: don't watch this video if you're squeamish!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGOzzaDlRWc

and, from an alternative to JSTOR, for the treatment of piles:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1644576/
EricBarbour
There's a place for him.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.