Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gettin better and better
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
EricBarbour
Apeldoorn (T-H-L-K-D)

It is a regional centre and has 155,000 (2011). The municipality of Apeldoorn, including villages like Beekbergen, Loenen and Hoenderloo, has over 155,000 inhabitants. The western half of the municipality lies on the Veluwe ridge, the eastern half lies in the IJssel valley. Fred de Graaf of the VVD is the mayor of Apeldoorn.

Grave,_North_Brabant (T-H-L-K-D)

Grave (About this sound pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality and a city in the southern Netherlands. Grave is a fortified city, in the province Brabant.

Hindeloopen (T-H-L-K-D)

Hindeloopen (West Frisian: Hylpen; Hindeloopen Frisian: Hielpen [ˈhiːəlpən]) is an old city on the North of the Netherlands on the IJsselmeer. It lies within the municipality of Nijefurd. It is famous because of the Hindeloopen art and hindeloopen costume.

Hindeloopen is one of the eleven cities of Friesland.

I've noticed that most of the articles about Netherlands locations are, um, this kind of crap.
(PS, did you know that FOURTEEN of the en-WP administrators are in the Netherlands?
It appears they are falling down on the job.)
EricBarbour
Ever heard of "Groove Squad Cheerleaders"?

Wikipedia hasn't. And they evidently wanna keep it that way.

Sad to say, someone posted the whole cartoon on YouTube.....so I presume it's real.....
thekohser
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 5th November 2011, 6:56pm) *

Sad to say, someone posted the whole cartoon on YouTube.....so I presume it's real.....

It's real enough for Wikia.

Another win for the for-profit branch of Wikipedia.

Silver seren
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 5th November 2011, 10:56pm) *

Unfortunately, I can't find any serious sources discussing it in any real detail.
gomi
http://articles.courant.com/2003-06-26/ent...er-cheerleaders

Of course, better to just make up some good articles titles, with URLs that put them behind a paywall. No one will be the wiser.
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Silver seren @ Sat 5th November 2011, 9:38pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 5th November 2011, 10:56pm) *

Unfortunately, I can't find any serious sources discussing it in any real detail.

While you're at it, genius, find out why the references for the absurdly-long Drowtales article
are all from the Drowtales website. Is Drowtales "notable? Are those "serious sources"?

You're hopeless.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.