Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Commons feature pictures candidates
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
mbz1
Here it is. If featured, it might appear at the main page of wikimedia commons.
Alison
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 19th December 2011, 8:30pm) *

NSFW, peeps, as if you couldn't have guessed given it's Commons we're talking about! ohmy.gif
EricBarbour
how appropriate yecch.gif

(I took a screen capture and saved it to the wiki, so they can't claim it never happened.)
thekohser
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 19th December 2011, 11:30pm) *

If ever there were a time for all sockpuppet armies to come together to vote "Support", now is that time.
Alison
While we're talking about Commons;

We do not appear to have any other images of people actually having sex with sex dolls, which seems like a surprising oversight. If sex dolls are at all within scope (which given there's an en.wp article they are), surely photos of them being used for their intended purpose are within scope. -mattbuck (Talk) 15:05, 20 December 2011 (UTC)

It's educational!! More pics of guys screwing a blow-up doll confused.gif evilgrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Michaeldsuarez
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 20th December 2011, 7:26am) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 19th December 2011, 11:30pm) *

If ever there were a time for all sockpuppet armies to come together to vote "Support", now is that time.

If the photo had contained male genitalia instead, this would've provided an opportunity for a certain homosexual African-American activist group to pretend that Wikipedians (who are mostly white young men interested in female parts) were discriminating against a homosexual African-American minority that does wish to view such an image.
HRIP7
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 20th December 2011, 4:30am) *

The Commons Picture of the Day is automatically featured on the main pages of the Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese, Russian, and Ukrainian Wikipedias, and perhaps others as well. (The link on the Bengali main page, though, seems broken at the moment; the Wikipedia itself looks moribund, judging by the dearth of recent changes.)
thekohser
QUOTE(Alison @ Tue 20th December 2011, 6:52pm) *

We do not appear to have any other images of people actually having sex with sex dolls, which seems like a surprising oversight. If sex dolls are at all within scope (which given there's an en.wp article they are), surely photos of them being used for their intended purpose are within scope. -mattbuck (Talk) 15:05, 20 December 2011 (UTC)

It's educational!! More pics of guys screwing a blow-up doll confused.gif evilgrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Looks like they were deleted not on the basis of morals and good judgment, but as copyright violations. Oh, well.
timbo
I see that Commons still has their heads shoved up their asses...

(That's a picture I'd like to see.)

Someone remind me the template-code to install on my file uploads to keep them the fuck out of Commons...

t
mbz1
QUOTE(Alison @ Tue 20th December 2011, 11:52pm) *

Yeah while we are talking about Commons and Commons admin muttbuck here's an interesting discussion going on. He's a very smart guy that muttbuck. He is sure that
There's nothing wrong with someone uploading lots of photos of themselves naked, we just don't like it if they have no educational use and are low quality.
and
There is nothing wrong with a contributor only contributing in a certain area. Replace "nudity" with "trains" and there would be no issue at all.
Silver seren
QUOTE(timbo @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 3:18am) *

I see that Commons still has their heads shoved up their asses...

(That's a picture I'd like to see.)

Someone remind me the template-code to install on my file uploads to keep them the fuck out of Commons...

t

There isn't really anything besides {{KeepLocal}}, which just keeps a local wiki copy of the image, but it also gets uploaded to Commons.

There's also {{Do not move to Commons}}, but that's really only for specific circumstances of non-freeness in the country of origin.

So, if you're uploading Public Domain images, then KeepLocal is your only option.

Other than that, you're doomed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.