Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedy deletion nomination of Main Page
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
tarantino
Lol, Twinkleheads keep warning TwoOneTwo that the Main Page is ripe for speedy deletion.

ImageA tag has been placed on Main Page, requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section G1 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the page appears to have no meaningful content or history, and the text is unsalvageably incoherent.

TwoOneTwo is the first editor listed in the edit history of the main page (though definitely not the first to edit it).
EricBarbour
Hmm, for the last few days he's gone on a vandal-patrolling and speedy-deletion bender, using the igloo script. I would call him an "evil patroller" now--he also erased/archived his talkpage. Not that it would matter, he dutifully deleted any criticisms people posted there, some of which were even oversighted.

Heading for a crackup? Why can't he be like normal people, and just get some Xanax and sleep it off?
No, wait, better yet, a fistful of Klonopin. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Ohhh no, can't do that, it's Wikipedia! When you crack up, you do it in public! yecch.gif
EricBarbour
On 2nd thought, the hell with Fæ, give me the Klonopin.
So I can pretend he's just a bad dream.
TheKartingWikipedian
Talking of speedy deletion, is it possible to somehow view a recently speedily deleted page? Problem with the one I have in mind is that it existed for only a short time, so there's no version in the Google cache as far as I know. The page is - or was - called "Old Christmas Day". I just want to check it out.
thekohser
QUOTE(TheKartingWikipedian @ Tue 3rd January 2012, 3:38pm) *

Talking of speedy deletion, is it possible to somehow view a recently speedily deleted page? Problem with the one I have in mind is that it existed for only a short time, so there's no version in the Google cache as far as I know. The page is - or was - called "Old Christmas Day". I just want to check it out.

There's a Category for that.
Ron Ritzman
QUOTE(tarantino @ Mon 2nd January 2012, 11:58pm) *

This poor shmoe gets dinged on his talk page every time someone pushes the wrong button with twinkle and nominates the main page for deletion. It's been going on for years and he probably sees more orange bars then Jimbo does.
Retrospect
QUOTE(Ron Ritzman @ Wed 4th January 2012, 2:15am) *

This poor shmoe gets dinged on his talk page every time someone pushes the wrong button with twinkle and nominates the main page for deletion. It's been going on for years and he probably sees more orange bars then Jimbo does.

Tell him to start a new account.

And someone should delete the main page (not to mention a million or two other pages) as worthless. But you all knew that here anyway.
DoctorHver
QUOTE(Retrospect @ Wed 4th January 2012, 4:55pm) *

QUOTE(Ron Ritzman @ Wed 4th January 2012, 2:15am) *

Tell him to start a new account.

And someone should delete the main page (not to mention a million or two other pages) as worthless. But you all knew that here anyway.

Have to agree with this. But I do wonder if the SOPA protest was all about that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.