Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leveson Inquiry
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
dogbiscuit
It strikes me as pretty pointless getting your knickers in a twist about press ethics with the Internet around, in the sense that there needs to be some serious thought as to how you put ethics into the Internet, or at least those sites that should be presenting an ethical front. How, if things are deemed inappropriate for widespread publication, are you going to get responsible sites to avoid being defamation machines, when there are so many geeks determined that every last bit of gossip needs to be captured for posterity.

Hugh Whittow, Daily Express:
"The one thing that does really concern me is the internet. It's not part of my life, to tell you the truth. I'm aware it's there, but I know that younger people are using it all the time and so much flashes around the internet. How you'll be able to control that, I just do not know."

I do wonder whether Leveson should be considering the impact of Wikipedia explicitly?
SB_Johnny
For the other Americans like me who are at sea:

http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.