Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia's confused description of LRA
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
iii
From Foreign Affairs:

The reactions to Obama's recent statement underscore how little Americans -- journalists included -- know about the United States' involvement in Uganda. In the rush to say something, newspapers and television shows seem to have largely based their material on the somewhat confused Wikipedia entry on the LRA. That may be where the conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh found what he called the "Lord's Resistance Army objectives," which appear on the site and which he used in a bizarre defense of Kony's group on U.S. television. (His apparently supposed that the LRA is a group of Christians fighting Muslims in Sudan.)

Wikipedia focuses primarily on the cultic aspects of the LRA rather than the geopolitical realities of the conflict leading to a recasting of this horrible situation in terms of US culture wars. Way to go, Wikipedia!
lilburne
Why did Rush Limbaugh NOT go to Vietnam?

Anal cysts apparently.
http://www.snopes.com/military/limbaugh.asp
melloden
QUOTE(iii @ Wed 7th March 2012, 5:26pm) *

Wikipedia focuses primarily on the cultic aspects of the LRA rather than the geopolitical realities of the conflict leading to a recasting of this horrible situation in terms of US culture wars. Way to go, Wikipedia!

It's written by 20-something nerdy white males. What other perspective do you expect?
Mister Die
That may be where the conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh found what he called the "Lord's Resistance Army objectives," which appear on the site and which he used in a bizarre defense of Kony's group on U.S. television. (His apparently supposed that the LRA is a group of Christians fighting Muslims in Sudan.)
I probably played an indirect role in the "LRA objectives" stuff. A few years back I asked on one of the talkpages if the LRA actually had any political objectives, to which a guy gave the link which was subsequently cited by someone else as the "LRA's objectives" on the main article, and in fact is still cited to this day on that page. I therefore feel that I have, through the power of Wikipedia, affected Rush Limbaugh's life in some way. tongue.gif

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Lord%27s...A_on_the_net.3F
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.