Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Rise and Fall of Online Empires
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Bottled_Spider
I was led to this page from a science blog that I frequent which predicts the imminent collapse of the awful FaceBook by looking at the recent performances of other faltering/failed services such as MySpace, AOL, Yahoo and Altavista. Doesn't say anything about Wikipedia, though. Yet!
Emperor
QUOTE(Bottled_Spider @ Tue 3rd April 2012, 6:51am) *

I was led to this page from a science blog that I frequent which predicts the imminent collapse of the awful FaceBook by looking at the recent performances of other faltering/failed services such as MySpace, AOL, Yahoo and Altavista. Doesn't say anything about Wikipedia, though. Yet!

Facebook just seems like less and less fun the longer it goes on. I don't like their clunky picture storing/sharing interface, their nonstop privacy b.s., or their look-at-me automated spam your friends apps.

Same thing always happens. They burn through investor cash until finally a decade or so later they realize they probably should start bringing in more money from the business. Then they clumsily destroy the place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.