Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nobs vs. Berlet
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Cberlet
nobs
QUOTE(Kathryn Cramer @ Wed 31st January 2007, 7:09pm) *
Sandline/Aegis/and what's left of Executive Outcomes

Gotta love this classic Berletism from the wiki entry,
Northbridge Services Group which is said to have links with Aegis Defence Services
See Wilcox,
One cannot but reflect on the many articles by Chip Berlet "linking and tying" individuals... based on "someone being quoted alleging a connection..."
If one uses the standards suggested by [Berlet & PRA's] own writings, their "links" with Guardian bear looking into. If, on the other hand, these "links and ties" with the Guardian are tangential and unimportant, then so might be the alleged "links and ties" of their enemies...
Somey
QUOTE(nobs @ Wed 31st January 2007, 8:27pm) *

Gotta love this classic Berletism from the wiki entry...

I've been told that it would only be fair to do what I've been planning to do if I gave Mr. Nobs a warning first. So this is the warning:

Nobs, your insistence on trying to hijack practically every thread you possibly can on this website with your obsessive attempts to tie everything that happens into the "Massive International Chip Berlet Conspiracy" have gotten somewhat... out of hand.

I'm starting a new topic called "Nobs 'n' Chip," in the Editors subforum, into which I will move this last posting of yours. (Chip Berlet never touched the "Executive Outcomes" article, needless to say.) If you keep this up, I'm going to create a new sub-subforum called "Nobs' Conspiracy Corner," move just about every semi-relevant posting you've ever made on this site into it (including this one), and restrict you to posting in that sub-subforum only from then on.

I'm really sorry to have to do this, but it's simply getting ridiculous at this point... I'm not saying the Massive International Chip Berlet Conspiracy doesn't exist; in fact it was probably responsible for the recent invasion of Earth by Venusian ice cream salesmen, among other really terrible things. All I'm saying is that we've all heard just about as much as we can without wanting to shoot ourselves.
Somey
Welcome to Nobs 'n' Chip, the Chip Berlet-related posting area that's fun for the whole family!

Here, you'll probably never find out how the sneaky, less-than-nice Mr. Berlet has, in effect, ruined everyone's good time by insisting on calling Nobs some rather nasty things well over a year ago, and refusing to retract his remarks or apologize for them. But you will find out why he shouldn't have done that! Ever since, Nobs has been forced - yes, forced - to carry on a long-running crusade for justice, in the hopes that someday Wikipedia, and Berlet, will see the error of their ways, and exonerate him, or whatever it is they're supposed to do.

Remember, where there is life, there is hope...
nobs
PIR is said to have links with IHR...
QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 14th January 2007, 10:54pm) *
And this - yes, this - is the article the Wikipedians desperately want to preserve, at all costs, staking practically everything on its continued existence....
nobs
My rejected Appeal gave ArbCom the opportunity to rectify the defamations against my person and character. Early on I served notice,
What? Do I sue for defamation for calling me a Larouchie, or is this just another of [[User:Cberlet]]'s conspiracy theories, "acting in concert"? [[User:Nobs01|nobs]] 01:56, 16 November 2005 (UTC)
and continued in good faith within the project to find relief by self-regulation, only to be vicously defamed within the process. By default, ArbCom set its seal of approval upon these vile actions by its inaction.
nobs
OK it makes perfect sense now:

So in Berlet's word, bin Laden is a clerical reactionary fascist who wants to dethrone the anti-homophobic, pro-feminst progressive House of Sa'ud. Don't we all sleep better at night knowing Jimbo picked just the right gatekeeper for what grade school kids pull up on Google?
Somey
QUOTE(nobs @ Mon 19th February 2007, 3:19pm) *
So in Berlet's word, bin Laden is a clerical reactionary fascist who wants to dethrone the anti-homophobic, pro-feminst progressive House of Sa'ud.

Where did Berlet say that the Saudi regime was anti-homophobic or pro-feminist? And given that only a completely ignorant fool would say something like that, I'm going to assume he didn't say it, and ask you why you keep shooting yourself in the foot with this sort of propagandistic folderol? Just when it looks like you've got a valid argument, you make yet another outlandish claim that others can use to invalidate the rest of what you're saying. It's like you want to fail.

Of course, that's just one of the reasons why this is so frustrating, but it's a fairly substantial one!
nobs
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 19th February 2007, 2:45pm) *

QUOTE(nobs @ Mon 19th February 2007, 3:19pm) *
So in Berlet's word, bin Laden is a clerical reactionary fascist who wants to dethrone the anti-homophobic, pro-feminst progressive House of Sa'ud.

Where did Berlet say that the Saudi regime was anti-homophobic or pro-feminist? And given that only a completely ignorant fool would say something like that, I'm going to assume he didn't say it,
The issue is credibility. Berlet's quixotic politcal warfare using invidious pejoritives against imaginary enemies devalues the term, and his own credibility as an expert. From a Google group:
Calling people "fascist" when they aren't strictly speaking fascists is a very dangerous thing. For a start, it devalues the term - when you meet *real* fascists, what can you call them? Will you make the connection with what the fascists actually did do, and prepare against it? Just because someone is authoritarian, or revisionary in history, does not make them a fascist.

...This sort of hyperbole is deeply denigrative of the suffering of those who did undergo fascist rule and atrocities. ...
nobs
Who said, "So far I have a fascist, a neo-confederate, a holocuast denier, and a carnival geek" ? Was it,

( A ) David Duke.

( B ) former Reagan Interior Secretary James G. Watt.

( C ) Wikipedia's premier gatekeeper of politcally correct content Chip Berlet.

This appallingly insensitve remark about a "carnival geek" refers to handicapped and disabled persons who, prior to Social Security Supplemental Income benefits, suffered the indignities of eaking out an paltry existance as freak show display items in the cruel and dehumanizing industry of circus sideshows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.