Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Sound of one Mantanmoreland Clapping...Frantically
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Gary Weiss and his cavalcade of socks
WordBomb
I've finally done it. I've finally accepted the fact that to co-exist with Gary Weiss is to suffer, and in accepting the suffering, I have transcended it. I can honestly say that instead of irritating me, I now find joy in Gary's garishness.

Yesterday was perfect. At the risk of mangling yet another proud eastern religious tradition, AldeBaer drank his last glass of sake, strapped on a kami-kaze headband and flew his account straight into the SS Mantanmoreland.

Minutes later, Slim arrives asking for an explanation. But before he can answer, Jayjg sweeps in to block. Always magnanimous, Jay makes it clear that he could have killed the guy, but in his benevolence, AldeBaer is just going to Gulag for a while. Of course, if AldeBaer would kiss the royal ring and self-flagellate for a half-hour or so, the sentence might be made lighter.

And self-flagellate he does. In fact, he gets a little carried away with it, though it appears to have not been enough as his sentence remains unchanged.

By the way, Gary Weiss has had an off-wiki protector assigned to him. The guy has started his own blog just to counter the claims made on Antisocialmedia.net. It's the kind of blog that attempts to find meaning in what I had for breakfast today. Unfortunately for him but fortunately for the rest of us, Gary's paranoia is rubbing off on the guy. I just read where he's certain I was the former WR member Joey, and that because we know he's getting too close to the truth, his IP is intermittently blocked from gathering evidence from this site...just enough to annoy him.

I hereby wager $10 that he'll interpret the above statement as an effort to misdirect and provide further cover for our dastardly plan.

Anyway, bottom line is, if you can manage to find the Zen in Gary Weiss-like paranoid instability backed by SlimVirgin-like despotic wielding of power you've got to follow Gary's crusade against Attack Sites because you have no idea how happy it will make you.
everyking
He shouldn't have bothered with trying to apologize. It doesn't accomplish anything with these people.
Somey
QUOTE(WordBomb @ Tue 17th April 2007, 10:02am) *
By the way, Gary Weiss has had an off-wiki protector assigned to him. The guy has started his own blog just to counter the claims made on Antisocialmedia.net. It's the kind of blog that attempts to find meaning in what I had for breakfast today. Unfortunately for him but fortunately for the rest of us, Gary's paranoia is rubbing off on the guy. I just read where he's certain I was the former WR member Joey, and that because we know he's getting too close to the truth, his IP is intermittently blocked from gathering evidence from this site...just enough to annoy him.

Wow, that's astoundingly ridiculous on an almost intergalactic level!

What's even more hilarious is that Gary's own pals (assuming that isn't Gary himself) are now directing people to threads on this board that identify SlimVirgin, and Slimmy continues to defend him. Now is that fucked up, or what?

It may be that this is some attempt to discredit the Patrick Byrne story as "made up," but all of that information (save the actual incident he described as having taken place at Oxford-Cambridge itself) is verifiable, as is the sequence of events... As for Joey, he was here (in another "incarnation") at least two months before Wordbomb or Mantanweissland ever showed up on Wikipedia, much less Wikipedia Review! He made hundreds of posts, only a handful of which had anything to do with Weiss or Overstock whatsoever. He also cared relatively little about Mantanweissland's, Slimmy's, and Jayjg's persistent efforts to directly link Martin Luther with Nazism over the past year, which is the thing that actually brought the Terrible Trio to our attention.

Do they really think any of us care all that much about Gary Weiss and naked short selling? I sure hope not. Of course, some of us do care about people trying to trash major religious figures on the 10th-most-popular website in the world just to get revenge on some guy nobody ever heard of before. That, my friends, is why we bash them - because these are the kind of people who would do something like that.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(WordBomb @ Tue 17th April 2007, 11:02am) *

It's the kind of blog that attempts to find meaning in what I had for breakfast today.

Well, that certainly 1-ups Wikipedia, which tries to find meaning in what we had for breakfast yesterday.

Jonny cool.gif
JohnA
Judd, I've just looked at the blog which is supposed to be responding to antisocialmedia.net and its pathetic - thin, weak, intellectually anorexic. I try to keep an open mind when seeing different points of view (especially ones I don't agree with) but there's nothing on that blog except a little whining.

To me, that means that the vast bulk of what you have written cannot be objectively refuted with reference to facts - yet. Facts are really important which is why you need to stick to them,

gomi
Slimey reverts a perfectly reasonable comment as a "personal attack" because it contains two links that incontroveribly show that Mantanmoreland uses the account "Tomstoner" as a sockpuppet. The relevant links are this and this.

I know the Mantanmoreland/Gary Weiss/Tomstoner (and others) linkage is well known, but I wanted to get that info down somewhere that I can find it.
BobbyBombastic
this guy also removed it. He was the guy that Slim and Gang opposed on his RfA. Something tells me that even doing that won't make him any friends.
The Adversary
Is User:Samiharris yet another of Mantanmoreland´s socks? Sure looks like it.
LamontStormstar
WordBomb or someone can you list all the known Weiss socks in a row?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.