Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Liberal Bias at Wikipedia? - NewsBusters
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
Google News

Liberal Bias at Wikipedia?
NewsBusters - 32 minutes ago
The discussion revolves around Cox's attempts to edit Wikipedia's entry on MSNBC host Keith Olbermann to make it more politically neutral (a stated goal of the ...
Selina
OH NOES WIKIPEDIA ARTICLES ON ABORTION DON'T REFLECT THE VIEWS OF WHITE FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN MIDDLE AMERICA...!

rolleyes.gif
guy
I certainly don't support the extreme anti-abortion views prevalent in much of America, but given how widespread they are, NPOV requires some reflection of them.
blissyu2
This is a shortened version of the article I linked to with the Wikipedia critics. It was part of Media Shift's "Wikipedia Week", which included the brilliant NPOV on George W Bush entry. I am surprised that they got permission to shorten the article in this way, as it kind of destroys the effect. The point of the original article was to see how Wikipedia handles criticism, while this has been changed in to being about Liberal Bias.

And for the record, yes, journalists are interested in the inner workings of Wikipedia's culture. Just not Andrew Orlowski.
ownage
Most fundamentalist christians are actully black.
Selina
statistics? tongue.gif
guy
QUOTE(ownage @ Mon 24th April 2006, 11:20pm) *

Most fundamentalist christians are actully black.

Define "Fundamentalist Christian". I've always taken it to mean those who interpret the Bible literally, e.g. Creation took 6 days.
Selina
When I think of Fundamentalist Christian, I think of people who think bikinis, thongs or anything that modern women wear at high school/college (you know, halter tops miniskirts etc) is immoral, try to force their own views on sex before marriage on other people through law and harassment, bomb abortion clinics (with people inside them..), and think any form of sexual photograph or story should be made illegal..

Basically, the Republican Party/George Bush.
blissyu2
I presume that ownage's comments were a joke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.