Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New tool exposes self-edits in Wikipedia - Computerworld
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in the Media
Google News

New tool exposes self-edits in Wikipedia
Computerworld, MA - 11 minutes ago
August 16, 2007 (IDG News Service) -- A word of caution about editing entries "anonymously" in Wikipedia: a tool has been developed that can show who made ...
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Google News @ Thu 16th August 2007, 11:46am) *

August 16, 2007 (IDG News Service) — A word of caution about editing entries "anonymously" in Wikipedia: a tool has been developed that can show who made ...

Who needs fancy-pancy software? You can always tell a self-editor by the hair on their palms.

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Thu 16th August 2007, 10:38am) *

QUOTE(Google News @ Thu 16th August 2007, 11:46am) *

August 16, 2007 (IDG News Service) — A word of caution about editing entries "anonymously" in Wikipedia: a tool has been developed that can show who made ...

Who needs fancy-pancy software? You can always tell a self-editor by the hair on their palms.

Jonny cool.gif

... and poor eyesight.
blissyu2
The problem with this kind of story is that there's lots of repetition. When I was looking through Google news I found 10 different hits for the EXACT SAME STORY WORD FOR WORD, and a number of stories are virtually the same anyway.

Thank you to the mods for combining all of the news reports in to one thread, cumbersome though it might be, and also to the people that made their own threads in mainspace about it. I am also finding the blog useful in covering an issue like this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.